Sven WillIBeFamous

Greetings From Newcastle Upon Tyne, Uk

Hi All,

Just a shout out as I've now joined this forum proper.

I got a Tandy Basic Starter Kit last Friday and bolstered that with some extra bits and pieces from a great shop in Newcastle city centre.

I have a long list of projects which I'm hoping to get on with as I develop my skills including lots of LARP armour for friends, and just as many guitar straps.

I look forward to sharing my work and getting your critique. My 1st couple of pieces are attached to this post. The M.C. cuff is the very 1st piece I attempted, and the gryphon design is something which I thought my give me practice with the swivel blade(it did!). I'm hoping to finish the gryphon design off tonight.

post-60104-0-74653500-1425990020_thumb.j

post-60104-0-19155100-1425990022_thumb.j

welcome. you have a good start and youare in the right spot to get help. just ask there is plenty of help here.

Welcome to leatherworker, if you need help shout out, people are really nice here,great to have newbies in the craft.

Pip

Welcome to the forum from another UK member , you've found a great forum for information , encouragement and advice . By the way i think you have a supplier of leather and tools in your area called Le Prevo might be worth a drive up and pick some leather of-cuts .

Cheers Dave

Yeah, I've already been to Le Prevo and picked up a few basic tools to go with the stuff that was in the Tandy starter kit. Really nice chaps and even though they had the opportunity to fleece me for all my cash they actually guided me to buying the stuff that was right for me. I'm already planning my next shopping list from them...

The 4-in-1 awl with Tandy's starter kt isn't very good. This company supplies a better ready mounted awl for about £6

They also have some good tutorials on their website

http://www.bowstock.co.uk

Thats good to know about Le prevo , i bought my first lot of tools from them and recently asked them to send me some samples of the leather they sell which they kindly did , it would be nice to be able to visit there factory and have a rummage through their draws, but i live a bit to far away in sunny Lancashire .

Hello and welcome to the forum. Looks like you are on your way!

welcome aboard, I drive over to newcastle to pickup my materials from LePrevo, may see you in there someday!

It's great to know there are more of us in the UK.

Welcome to the forum! I order most of my leather and supplies from LePrevo.