carsonm3

An Unlikely Young Leather Worker.

Hey Everyone. I'm Carson. A 16 year old high school student from Canada. Been leathercraftin for 4-6 months and about 5 hours a day. I've made bags wallets and even leather dress shoes although I did not carve the shoe last by hand. I'm really hoping to be an active member and contribute positively as much as I possibly can. Any other teens on here who leather craft?

Carson, welcome. While i am definitely not a teen, there are some on here and I am sure they will find you. We would really like to see some of your work. Especially the dress shoes, for only doing leatherwork for 5-6 months that is quite the undertaking.

Edited by camano ridge

Welcome Carson, I'd love to see pictures of what you've made. Not a teen, though. ;)

Welcome to the forum. I wish I started at your age! Looking forward to see your work.

That is pretty impressive for only being in leather for 5-6 months.

The shoes are awesome. I'm jealous!

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. it really means a lot me that you would take the time to say such kind things. The world needs more people like you

Hi Carson! Most impressed, young man! I'm not a teen, but I'll be watching with great interest! Your talent is shinning! Keep it up! I'm a newbie here too!

Welcome carsonm from another Canadian. I am so jealous that you have already done shoes. Did you have someone to show you how to do the shoes?

wellcome carlson! i'm impressed... those shoes! difficult to believe you can do these magnifique shoes at your age and with only 5 months on the craft. you have a nice future like an artisan.

Welcome carsonm from another Canadian. I am so jealous that you have already done shoes. Did you have someone to show you how to do the shoes?

Nobody taught me how to do shoes.I learned by watching videos.After watching some videos I felt I understood the basics of constructions and basically made up my own method. The best resource to learn is a YouTube channel called Andrew Wrigley. In hindsight I would have made a lot better of a shoe if I watched his video series and followed his steps. Oh well. Soon I'll be making a post on how I made the shoe. and how it is easiest and cheapest to learn, after all a beginner can still remember what its like to be a beginner lol.

Carson, that would be great, I'd like to learn how to make shoes too. Good luck with the tutorial :)

Great work, I too wish I ha started younger!! Well done keep at it you got talent!!

Well I'm not young either, nor have I done shoes,

But I'm in awe of the talent you possess at such a young age, and not long into leather to boot.

You have begun what may be a lucrative carrier. Well done ! Wild Bill46