Sign in to follow this  
usmc0341

Sargent Hand Tool Division

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have been using a hole punch with the name Sargent on it. I know these aren't made anymore, or if they are I can't find them, and I just cracked the punch tube on it. :ranting2: I'm hoping that someone knows where I can get replacement tubes (size "00") or another whole punch. I use this thing alot and the Osborne one I got just isn't as good. A freind of mine found this one at a flea market for $3 with the paperwork and everything but there were no extra tubes. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a replacement?

Thanks in advance for any help, Brian

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have been using a hole punch with the name Sargent on it. I know these aren't made anymore, or if they are I can't find them, and I just cracked the punch tube on it. :ranting2: I'm hoping that someone knows where I can get replacement tubes (size "00") or another whole punch. I use this thing alot and the Osborne one I got just isn't as good. A freind of mine found this one at a flea market for $3 with the paperwork and everything but there were no extra tubes. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a replacement?

Thanks in advance for any help, Brian

Hi Brian

http://technicalconnectionsinc.stores.yahoo.net/saheduhopu.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Sargent-1406S-Cable-Hole-Punch-1-4-Bullet-Bonds-/380400518296?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5891a34498

about what size is the punch?

Hey Sylvia, I did find that one which is I guess the new Sargent hand tools. Below is a picture of the one I have. It says "Sargent & Co New Haven CO" on it.

4tu834.jpg

296p56d.jpg

Hey Sylvia, I did find that one which is I guess the new Sargent hand tools. Below is a picture of the one I have. It says "Sargent & Co New Haven CO" on it.

Ok, here you go. I searched "Vintage Sargent Hole Punch" and found this deal on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-VINTAGE-SARGENT-BERNARD-SPRING-PUNCH-LEATHER-PLIERS-/140519509355

Not exactly $3 but You get the rotary one too to have as a back up.

There is also this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Sargent-and-Co-leather-hole-punch-hand-tool-Made-is-USA-6-sizes_W0QQitemZ160714652714QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101

Hope one of these work for you.

BTW, have you considered having the punch you have brazed or welded back and resharpened?

I did see those Sylvia, but they are both bigger then the "00" size one I have. I guess I'll just have to keep checking ebay. I did not think about welding and resharpening it. Can they weld something this small? Thanks for your help by the way.

I did see those Sylvia, but they are both bigger then the "00" size one I have. I guess I'll just have to keep checking ebay. I did not think about welding and resharpening it. Can they weld something this small? Thanks for your help by the way.

It depends on the welder and his tools. A wire welder may be able to do it if he can dial down the heat. It couldn't hurt to ask. The worst answer is "Nope"... right?

So this is a really realy small hole..... like one for a watch band? Maybe you can talk to your local "working" jewelry or watch repair guy and see if he or she has a source for these small punches.

Edited by Sylvia

I think I will give that a try. Thank you!

When punching small holes, make sure the slugs are coming out. A little glue will plug them up and then split the punch. Use a small wire to check and push out the slugs.

Have a punch like your picture not a Sargent, 6 tubes OO up to 5/32 Dim.

Pm me if you want to buy.