pete

my first "acrylic" try- Tandy kit

Here's my first attempt at painting a piece. It's a Tandy Countess purse kit.What do you think?

I'de really like know what Tina thinks... better yet, I'de like to know what Tina REALLY thinks!

Picture_1.png

Picture_3.png

Picture_2.png

Picture_4.png

post-520-1239825497_thumb.png

post-520-1239825520_thumb.png

post-520-1239825635_thumb.png

post-520-1239825666_thumb.png

i think you have done a great job...if you want to improve, you should get Peter Mains...the technique of coloring leather...a wonderful guide that can be purchased direct from him...visit his web site and be amazed!! he accepts Paypal

Hi Pete,

My first reaction is...Awesome:-)

After reading the post I understand you want me to really look closley and see what could be improved (if anything). So,

I put my nose into the computer screen and start picking it apart (*S*) Now, I myself only use black/white and metalic acrylic colors so I'm not that familiar of how the other colors "react" with leather.

All the greens, I like that it is not consistent, just like mother nature, at the same time it could need some more darker greens (like shaddows) in some places...corners. I'm kind'a amazed that the acryllic came out so nice as it did.

All in all, this is one of the best pieces I have seen with acryllic paint ever, you should be proud of it, I REALLY like it, it's most beautiful:-)

I really like it. And I agree with 'Roo's suggestion about the book - I have a few of his.

Hi Pete,

I just love those colors! I'm kind of a dye person myself, and it's always nice to see something done with a good sense of what dyes can do. As a side point, I like the fact that your swivel cuts are pretty good, and pretty simple! It seems like most folks try to get carried away with those things, and try to get complicated, and thats where things can go awry fairly easily. You've done a great job!

Kevin Hopkins

Im not Tina but I'll let you know what I think...

I dont usually like any color on any tooled leather pieces but dude...this thing rocks! I like it a lot. You should be proud.

KK

the puse is great - buttttt

I think that you need a few more tulip bulbs out there in those flower beds - they look a little "skimpy"

NOT - wow - they are a riot of color

Here's my first attempt at painting a piece. It's a Tandy Countess purse kit.What do you think?

I'de really like know what Tina thinks... better yet, I'de like to know what Tina REALLY thinks!

Picture_1.png

Picture_3.png

Picture_2.png

Picture_4.png

What brand paint did you use? I've tried all types of acrylics and when I put a stain or antique over top, they seem to rub off. Your purse is beautiful so what steps did you take to get the final look? Thanks.

Sally

I have to say that I really like this. I'm curious to what type acrylics you used. I keep clicking back because it's such a nice looking piece.