Sign in to follow this  
malabar

Tactical Prototype

I have a client who's a very serious tactical shooter. He's former special forces, and teaches for some prestigious outfits. I had been working with him on a version of our sidestrap IWB that would meet his particular needs. I gave it to him the other night and got a big thumbs up. And then with a grin, he said "Here's what I want next..."

He would like an OWB holster that combines features from three of my other models. He wants the general fit and feel of my IWB, complete with the steel band in the mouth; the high-ride of our pancake holsters, and the snap-on, snap-off feature of our Avenger-style.

This is my first prototype. It's made of 7/8 cowhide, and blackened with vinegaroon. Generally, I'm pretty pleased. The gun "snaps" into place nicely and is held securely. It allows a proper grip and a good presentation. Two things I want to change -- better coverage of the triggerguard, and add some extra material to the right-hand side (I had trouble stitching up the side around the band). And for my client, I'll have to reduce the size of the body shield/sweatguard/whatever-you-call-it. He uses a really high grip and needs extra clearance for his thumb. I'd also like to see if I can get it to ride just a touch higher, to make it more concealable.

Thoughts?

tk

post-21933-010635000 1324221322_thumb.jp

post-21933-027787000 1324221323_thumb.jp

post-21933-038846200 1324221325_thumb.jp

Edited by malabar