ktoddmc

Leather Sewing Machines

Hi I was just curious about others crafters opinions of the best leather sewing machines before I "make the plunge". I would like to sew leather from 1/2" to 3/4". Does anyone have any favorites and why the machine is their favorite? I am interested in a "electrical" powered machine, not the Tippmann Boss. Thanks for any shared opinoins. I have researched "types" of machines fairly well (industrial, heavy duty, etc.) so I know what type of machine to stay away from. Thought I would get better opinions from actual crafters than all the salepeople I have talked to.

Hi I was just curious about others crafters opinions of the best leather sewing machines before I "make the plunge". I would like to sew leather from 1/2" to 3/4". Does anyone have any favorites and why the machine is their favorite? I am interested in a "electrical" powered machine, not the Tippmann Boss. Thanks for any shared opinoins. I have researched "types" of machines fairly well (industrial, heavy duty, etc.) so I know what type of machine to stay away from. Thought I would get better opinions from actual crafters than all the salepeople I have talked to.

Cobra Class 4 from Leather Machine Company - Steve Tayrien's line of products get my vote. I got one in May and it is great!! It sews through chap leather as well as breast collars. Had a sample that was leather stacked 7/8" thick and it had been sewn through. I tried it and it just walked right through. Good luck in your search.

My machine that sews thro 3/4" thick leather is a big old WW2 by British United Shoe, identical to a Pearson. Doesn't need electricity. One can use either the big flywheel with one hand or switch to the pedals (treadle) if both hands are needed. It's heavy.

If you haven't bought a machine yet, check out the leather machine co. i have a cobra 4 and is endorsed by John Bianchi. Cobra Steve will lay on you the BEST customer

service in the business. he sells lots of machines.