But who smokes these days aside from whats her name who runs this site?

WINDY :head_hurts_kr:

I don't smoke anymore either...thank God! However I have to say I like the idea. Looks cool!

Storm

Now ......Now..... be nice. : :eusa_naughty:

Edited by Luke Hatley

Thanks! Plenty of folks still smoke.

ArtS

they make cool key chains too

BICholster1.jpg

bic_holster.pdf

now go make some :cowboy:

Good project, I use a Zippo though.

That's cute, Hammerhead! For the non-smokers among us, it looks like it could be adapted to hold one of those long lighters you use to light your grill, kinda like the holsters made for those long-muzzled guns.

Now, there's a scenario... the guests are waiting for the cooking to begin. Off in the distance, you hear the opening motif of the theme from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (...that echo-y whistling sound that sounds like a mourning dove, you know the one I mean.) Then out steps the cook, wearing a flat-brimmed cowboy hat, chomping on a stogy. :cowgirl: From a stylish, custom-carved holster, draws her weapon, pulls the trigger, sticks it under the coals, and cries... LET THE CARNAGE BEGIN! :evillaugh:

Okay, I got a little carried away. Anyway, thanks for the pattern.

Kate

they make cool key chains too

now go make some :cowboy:

There is a possibilty not mentioned. Sure I don't smoke but I still use lighters when I go camping or outdoor cooking. Or just in case of emergencies. What you need to do is come up ith a little leather backpack for Jordan's Zippo! LOL! :rolleyes:

Storm

I still smoke and so do most of my friends, this pattern will come in handy. Thanks

i got somethin planned for that already...i'll make it and post it up in a day or so...thanks for the pattern hammer!!

this would be a good monthly challenge thingy...for the different uses folks could come up...

darryl

I just made a pouch for a Zippo. It turned out pretty good. I'll try and make a pattern for it.

Tom

Oh Windy,

You're just standing around and all of a sudden the band (where'd that come from) breaks out in the full blown rendition on "Comfortably Numb". You slap leather, draw your trusty Bic and thrust it into the air and "click" you sway to the vibe.....you have arrived.

Art

Heres one I made for a Zippo. I just molded the leather around the lighter and trimed it off after I stiched it together. The hole is to push the lighter up.

Tom

zippo_2.JPGzippo_3.JPG

post-6291-1214937726_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1214937751_thumb.jpg

I used the 3/4 " print out for my swivel knife. Thanks for the pattern.

Tom

My handy dandy zippo case haven't lost one since I started using it

Blkzippo1.JPG

post-4868-1214946769_thumb.jpg

Heres one I made for a Zippo. I just molded the leather around the lighter and trimed it off after I stiched it together. The hole is to push the lighter up.

Tom

zippo_2.JPGzippo_3.JPG

I've been wondering how people managed to bend over enough to light their smokes from a belt mounted lighter.. :blink:

Yep, thats a real lighter. Found it in a gas station up in Kentucky. Just pull back on the hammer and it lights.

Tom

IMG_0002.JPGIMG_0003.JPG

post-6291-1215001600_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1215001634_thumb.jpg

My favorite swivel knife has been living in a similar holster for a few years. I'll have to see if I can dig up the pattern I used. It's fun seeing all the ideas floating around.

swivel_knife_case.jpg

post-12-1215002433_thumb.jpg

Yep, thats a real lighter. Found it in a gas station up in Kentucky. Just pull back on the hammer and it lights.

Tom

sweeeeeeeeeeet!!...you sure took that to another level :thumbsup:

darryl

Oh Windy,

You're just standing around and all of a sudden the band (where'd that come from) breaks out in the full blown rendition on "Comfortably Numb". You slap leather, draw your trusty Bic and thrust it into the air and "click" you sway to the vibe.....you have arrived.

Art

Art,

Silly me thought people would only use a lighter to light a smoke. Now thanks to

all the good people here I see that you can carry a lighter for other reasons as you

so aptly pointed out. However me being tone deaf there is not much chance I would

use it as in your idea. Alas if I had one of the cool gun lighters maybe I would still

smoke. I stand (okay sit) corrected on my initial thought.

WINDY

Art,

Silly me thought people would only use a lighter to light a smoke. Now thanks to

all the good people here I see that you can carry a lighter for other reasons as you

so aptly pointed out. However me being tone deaf there is not much chance I would

use it as in your idea. Alas if I had one of the cool gun lighters maybe I would still

WINDY

:Lighten:

gumholster1.jpg

post-5677-1215032509_thumb.jpg

:Lighten:

gumholster1.jpg

Great idea , now lets see what other

ideas people have. Say a bottle of

hot sauce or..........................

WINDY

Hi Windy,

Since we have over 150 different sworn police agencies in this town (D.C.), I can foresee a whole world of trouble carrying the gun lighter, then again we have so many agents here that nobody cares as long as it is in a holster (if in a holster police assume you have a permit or are a leo).

Art

Art,

WINDY