Sign in to follow this  
Des804

First time Posting

Hello I really Havent actually finished any projects Though I do have one i'm trying to get done.. I did however play with a few of my stamps and my swivel knife ( I need to buy different blades I dont see how you can manuever a flat blade. I know these arent that good Im not that good and I need more practice. Jeff and Meryl are two friends of mine. That flower was free hand and I didnt really know what I was going to do while making it.

stamping.jpg

There are some decent videos on Youtube.com for leather tooling that will help you.

Art

I've seen the majority of the Youtube videos thats just my first time ever at stamping. I didnt really know how to use some of the stamps and some parts I should have tried to use my stylis. ( though right now Dont really know how to use that either ) Im learning I have a good supply of Scrap thanks to wonderful people.) I actually have that youtube video saved cause he shows a great deal of work. Thanks for the help though I appreciate any tips I can get.

Edited by Des804

:welcome: to Leatherworker.net!

You've found the best site on the web. Don't be ashamed of any work you post- nobody started out as a master craftsman...ever.

Keep posting your work and ask for a critique. The members here are wonderful folks, and I've yet to see anyone say "Nope, you'll just have to learn it on your own." Ask questions, and we'll try to answer them as well as we can.

Check out the section called "Getting Started". There's lots of good topics for people who are.....well, just getting started. There's also a couple of pinned links that show how to carve and use your swivel knife.

Keep up the practice, ask lots of questions, and never quit learning.

Hello and welcome! :)

Nice to see ya on here.

HOWDY there

I saw your post and it remined me of me and my first post here so I threw this together last night hope this helps, this is basic basketweave.

welcome and have fun post alot.

Bascet.JPG

post-6549-1235763020_thumb.jpg

yep I was doing the basket weave wrong now I can correctly practice working with it. Thanks J bird I knew somehow it wasnt looking right.

Welcome to the Forum! I learn something every time I come in here!

I've been here for a little while mostly hanging out in the live chat.