KnotHead

Experimenting In Knot Work And Stitching.

This was an experimental knot. The base knot is a 23part by 10 bight gaucho mixed pattern knot. The base knot is not of my own design. But the stitching was added by me.

post-1307-0-35940900-1414646204_thumb.jppost-1307-0-44815700-1414646215_thumb.jppost-1307-0-26356900-1414646225_thumb.jp

Brian...

Love it! I'm a big fan of the gaucho, but the only one I know how to do is the 5b gaucho, I use them as transition knots on my bullwhips. Would love the incorporate something like what you've got into a future whip build. I can whip out a 5b6l and 6b7l Turk's with my eyes closed, and can do the basic gaucho and a pineapple without much of a hiccup. How tough would it be for me to move up to the gaucho you did?

Hey Buckwhip.

Thanks for the kind comment. I did the base knot with a grid and a mandrel with pins stuck in it. I have included some of the working photos I took while working the knot. If you don't find it difficult to work with a grid and pin method, it should not be difficult at all.

post-1307-0-95032000-1414693733_thumb.jppost-1307-0-50863400-1414693743_thumb.jppost-1307-0-15385700-1414693777_thumb.jp

Brian...

Love it! I'm a big fan of the gaucho, but the only one I know how to do is the 5b gaucho, I use them as transition knots on my bullwhips. Would love the incorporate something like what you've got into a future whip build. I can whip out a 5b6l and 6b7l Turk's with my eyes closed, and can do the basic gaucho and a pineapple without much of a hiccup. How tough would it be for me to move up to the gaucho you did?

Thank you megabit for the very kind comment.

Brian...

Nice work. Very cool. :)

Brian, Really neat looking knot. Buck

Thank you Buck.

Brian...

Brian, Really neat looking knot. Buck