Thought I would share a unique set of holsters I just made for a customer. He wanted to carry all of his ammo for CAS on one set up without having to have a second belt. He had seen a picture of a Ropes holster and wanted something like it. A Ropes holster was a pattern delivered to the Department of Ordanance by Capt. Ropes of the 8th Cavalary. There is a picture on page 37 of Packing Iron. It had a full flap 10 cartridge loops and the pistol was deep seated in the holster. Here is my civilianized version with no flap, 10 cartridge loops and sewn in toe plug. The cartridge loops are for .45cal. The holsters were made for a pair of Uberti Russians that were Modified to look similar to a Schofield New Model 3 with 5.5" barrel. There is a matching Shotshell belt, the buckle is worn to the back.

post-15001-0-30376400-1364253172_thumb.j

post-15001-0-11122800-1364253224_thumb.j

Edited by camano ridge

Very nice job. Really like the simple lines for design. I used to shoot CAS and I'll tell you that when his outfit is fully loaded, that'll be pretty heavy.

Yes, we had a long discussion about the weight of 16 12ga. shotshells, 20 rounds of .45LC and about 5lbs between the two revolvers. His thought is the load will get lighter every time he goes to the loading table. The belt is built plenty heavy enough to carry the load. But I am thinking he might be ordering some suspenders for the rig in the future.

Edited by camano ridge

I'd start making them now....there's gonna be a lot of pants pullin up between stages....

Nice job.

Nice work!

I really don't think the weight will be much of an issue. I hump over hill & dale packing a 3rd model Dragoon, extra cartridges and a big early bowie without a problem. A CAS match shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Craig44

Very cool job on that

Thanks, Frank. I enjoy your work, so I am honored

Very neat. I like the rig. Good job.

Great job on that rig! Very custom The customer is always right...LOL :cowboy: