Yanni

Efka Motor With Pneumatic Foot Lift

Would you guys recommend a servo Efka motor with possibly a foot lift option?

installed in a cylinder Adler 269 machine.

We have these JACK motors at work ...they are good but when the run on speed and you lift your foot of the pedal the synchroniser adds another turn in addition to the last one instead of just completing the last turn which is very annoying on leather.

Thanks.

I actually have a Efka Variostop motor with air hookup on a Pfaff 335 I just acquired.

After asking around here on the forum (see here), I don't think its what I need. I'm going to switch it out for a servo motor next week. Currently heeling the pedal raises the center foot and needle. It works very well, quite, strong and can go very fast or stitch by stitch... Its just not what I need. If you're interested just let me know and I'll get you more details.

I actually have a Efka Variostop motor with air hookup on a Pfaff 335 I just acquired.

After asking around here on the forum (see here), I don't think its what I need. I'm going to switch it out for a servo motor next week. Currently heeling the pedal raises the center foot and needle. It works very well, quite, strong and can go very fast or stitch by stitch... Its just not what I need. If you're interested just let me know and I'll get you more details.

Are you interested in selling the Efka?

Andrew

Efka motors are great, and US support is excellent. If you only need 24V foot lift output, you can go with a Ho Hsing MJ motor for about half the price of an Efka. Also, how about a full mechanical foot lifter actuated off of a pitman rod switch when you heel back? How about a pneumatic 'knee lift switch' that will do the same? All of these are valid options, depending on what your needs are, and what you want to spend.

Hello Yanni,

I would definitely recommend the Efka DC 1550 with the Duerkopp Adler 321 control for your machine . It comes complete and have all pre installed parameters for your machine, its just plug and play. Its a very strong motor, I only use half its power on my Juki 441 clone.

Every extras can be attached to it, you can use an air pneumatic foot lift or an electric solenoid. Air is the cheapest option if you have an compressor in your shop. I am very satisfied with Efka and their customer support. Any trouble installing and they will talk you true it using Skype video call. They will help you until your machines sews as you want it to do. Regardless of where you buy your motor, as long as its an Efka. They have people doing this all the time, very nice people.

Do not buy an old variostop from the 1980, buy a new motor. That is an computer you can set up from your PC or with an USB memory stick, if you want to.

However, this motor already have the setup for the DA 269 and are ready to sew (it is the recommended motor for your machine by DA). The new DC motor can be turned all the way up to 1800 Watt and has 7 Nm of torque. It is very small and are designed to be powerful enough for all todays lock stitch machines with out help of an gear (speed reducer).

You can control the amount of power of course, like all other parameters. And of course on the degree where you want your needle to stop and start. (thats BASIC). Its have all kinds of sewing patterns programed, like back tacking, starts..... etc. Its a professional labor saving tool.

I do not want to ruin any sale for you Olack, I am just answering Yannies post. A new Efka is something completely else than the first variostop position clutch motors from the 1980`ties. However, you can still get all the parts for the old Variostops.

Good luck

Tor

Wow, that's so helpful, thanks guys.

The supplier( sieck.de) in Germany is offering me the DC 1500 ...not sure if it is the 1550 I think it's a wattage difference.

Tor, can I please check, what is the minimum speed it will run this motor, we are sewing leather and i usually get the machines down to 100rpm!.

I can always add a smaller pulley but if I can do this electronically would be amazing.

i can do that on my Ho-Shing HVP-90 motor.

I was offered the Efka at 580 euros where the Ho-shing HVP-90 is around £450 which is similar in price.

We have the JACK servo motors at work but the synchroniser keeps on adding an extra turn after you release the pedal in addition to completing the final turn( so two turns in total).

We have a compressor in the factory so can either Gregg or Tor suggest a solution for the pneumatic lift please?

Either something compatible with the Efka or completely independent....

Thanks guys.

Yanni

Edited by Yanni

Hi,

The Dc 1500 is a smaller motor, but its used on the same control box. That motor is not that strong, only 3 Nm and 400 W Pnom. They are used on smaller machines and high speed machines for fabrics. I would have called Efka and talked to Manferd +496202202713 or Skype: manfredkif232.

He will tell you what you need for your machine, he is very helpful. I see they have made some new smaller in size motors too, but even stronger.

Check with Greg if he offers electrical solenoids to a good price first, you need to build together the air system from several parts (Reduction valve, switching valve, air cylinder, water filter, tubing, brackets.etc) An electric solenoid lifter is more easy to install, big ones are very expensive. But for your machine you do not need a very big one. So ask Greg about that solution first. Sieck sells these motors pretty cheap, but he gives no customer support about them. Then you have to call Efka for questions if you buy there. I think the HVP- 90 is a stronger motor then the DC 1500, then again I have no experience or data's on them right now.

Tor