Sign in to follow this  
Boothill Bob

Photo Frame

Howdy all..

Here I´ve maked my first photo frame, it was a test piece but I´ve got a lot of feedback.

Its open in the top so you can change photos and there is no glass on it, I dont know

if glass is needed..

//Henrik

post-13398-037317700 1285667675_thumb.jp

post-13398-035605600 1285667695_thumb.jp

I think that if you put glass in you will be able to see the outline of the glass thru the leather.

I think so to, thats why I dident do it, maby some thin clear plastic should work??

Very nice work! It appears to be an old old-fashion concept with new world techniques.

Be proud!

Nice job .

Looks nice to me. You could add a thin sheet of acrylic plastic to protect the photo but it looks good without it.

Great looking work! My main concern for the glass would be if you're going to put original photos that might be irreplaceable, or if you're going to put reproductions and could always print out another one... for original photos, I'd definitely want some protection.

Howdy all..

Here I´ve maked my first photo frame, it was a test piece but I´ve got a lot of feedback.

Its open in the top so you can change photos and there is no glass on it, I dont know

if glass is needed..

//Henrik

I am concerned about the longevity of the photos being against the leather. I think the natural oils from the leather may destroy the photo paper.

My suggestion: Place the photo in a clear plastic envelope or laminate the photo.

ferg

Thanx Eric and 50..

If I´m going to sell them than I can send a plastic cover with the frame to

protect the photo.. Dident think of the oil in the leather :brainbleach:

Edited by Boothill Bob

Laminate the photo works great , you can print your photo on 180 g paper , laminate it and it looks like you used very expensive photopaper and cartridges, the color don't fade away by the sun, and no trouble with dust , water ore broken glas.

My main concern for the glass would be if you're going to put original photos that might be irreplaceable... for original photos, I'd definitely want some protection.

IF you would want to use glass, NEVER EVER put a photo next to glass without the use of a mat between. The photo emulsion will eventually draw moisture, possibly mold, & will stick to the glass so it can't be removed.

IF you would want to use glass, NEVER EVER put a photo next to glass without the use of a mat between. The photo emulsion will eventually draw moisture, possibly mold, & will stick to the glass so it can't be removed.

These are the things I never learned growing up in the digital age... I haven't dealt with real photos in years. I'm guessing most people do this wrong, because i don't ever remember any mats in picture frames growing up.