caaront

What Stamps Are Good Quality, Won't Bend Etc...

Sorry for starting a new thread, but I couldn't figure out how to edit the title of an existing thread. I purchased a Tandy deluxe starter set, and bent a camo tool while making a small cell phone holder.

The tools/stamps in the kit are pretty skinny, I'd like to find some that are a little heavier and more solid.

Any links would be appreciated.

Are the Tandy kit tools the same as the tools you buy seperate from them in their store, or are they all skinny like those in the kits?

Thank you.

The tools in the Tandy kits are the worst of the worst. They have a "Z-" in front of the standard ID. ITs not the diameter but the quality of the metal that matters. Take it to Tandy they will replace it.

There are better makers out there but the diameter is about the same depending on the tool. Crafttool is the Tandy line, Hide Crafter Pro line is better and about the same price. They go up from there. Im sure someone else will be able to tell you the names of the better tool makes. The names escape me for the moment.

The tools in the Tandy kits are the worst of the worst. They have a "Z-" in front of the standard ID. ITs not the diameter but the quality of the metal that matters. Take it to Tandy they will replace it.

There are better makers out there but the diameter is about the same depending on the tool. Crafttool is the Tandy line, Hide Crafter Pro line is better and about the same price. They go up from there. Im sure someone else will be able to tell you the names of the better tool makes. The names escape me for the moment.

Barry King, Bob beard, Clay Miller, Hackbarth just to name 4 and there are a lot more out there. Clay is a member of this forum. Clay Miller, Hackbath and Barry King have quick turn around. Good tools are an investment for the serious leather worker. I have tools from all 4 of the above and all are very good, in my opinion. Clay is kind of a "new kid on the block" and extreme value for the money spent. Just my opinion. Ken

Elton Jooristy is also a member of this forum and produces quality tools as well at extremely reasonable rates. Others produce tools like Gore and Jueschke have tools as well.

Regards,

Ben

My basket weave stamp broke as I was about halfway finished with a checkbook cover, I will take the kit back to Tandy after the 1st.

Thanks for the help.