Sign in to follow this  
Tallbald

Took The Plunge On A New Cowboy Cb3500

With the encouragement of my family to expand my leather crafting hobby, I finaly decided to go ahead and order a new CB3500. Initially I was going to go for the CB3200, but being in Kentucky and figuring that I may be called on to repair horse tack I felt it better for me (and possible future resale value) to go with the CB3500 and its greater capacity. Bob and Bobby at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machine have been very helpful so far by phone. My machine should ship later this week I am hoping. Quite a leap to go from hand stitching to machine sewing, I hope to expand to larger projects than the holsters and knife sheaths I have done thus far. I'll be selling off some machines from another hobby I've enjoyed in the past but physically am unable to do in the last several years (lathe turning wood bowls and spindles). I've been using a fabric sewing machine myself for many years, but the CB3500 will be a completely new animal to me. Please bear with me as I ask lots of advice here. I'm so looking forward to this folks. Don

Tallbald,

Best of luck with that new machine. I think you will enjoy it very ,much and it will make constructing your projects so very much easier than hand sewing. I know you from another forum and know with your previous sewing experience you will have little trouble adapting to your Cowboy machine.

Last year I purchased a machine similar to the one you did, but from another vendor on this site. It has been amazing.

Enjoy your machine as much as I do mine! Just don't sew your fingers together with this powerful new toy!

Viking Queen