Sign in to follow this  
stanly

Squeek, Squeek, Squeek...hoping This Isn't Permanent

I'll admit that I didn't stop right away and oil when I first heard this (1-2 ft guessing).

When I oil the cam & follower it stops for 5-10 stitches, 2 or 3 times that if I use grease on it.

SO, why won't it stay quiet, have I completely ruined one or other or both?

Also admit that I'm not using this machine regularly and getting the cover off to oil needs special wrench so it's pretty much my fault anyway you look at it.

Before I tell you what I have used I want to inform the many professional sewing machine people that I have tried this and in two weeks I see no buildup of dirt etc.

There is a product called "Motor Kote". It was formulated for use in Semi Tractors and most anything that turns or has a motor. I put it in everything I own PU truck, cars, sliding table saw carriage, etc.

They now have the product in a spray can. The feet on my machine began "Hanging Up" when I pushed on the knee lift. Determined it might be the foot lift rod. I oiled it regularly with little result, lightly sprayed it with Motor-Kote, it has been working perfectly ever since.

BTW: The product is available at Meijer's if you have one and a number of truck stops. They have a web site: https://www.motorkote.com/ with free shipping.

ferg

I'll admit that I didn't stop right away and oil when I first heard this (1-2 ft guessing).

When I oil the cam & follower it stops for 5-10 stitches, 2 or 3 times that if I use grease on it.

SO, why won't it stay quiet, have I completely ruined one or other or both?

Also admit that I'm not using this machine regularly and getting the cover off to oil needs special wrench so it's pretty much my fault anyway you look at it.

While I like the idea that I may NOT have to pull the connecting rod out to polish out the galling that I probably caused, little suspicious of ""miricle in a can" claims. Of course, I'm not right next to a truck stop so it's little more than run over and see if they carry it.

Is this the product U recomend -

Motorkote MK-30301-12 Spray Lubricant - 12 oz.

MotorKote Multi Purpose Spray Lubricant with MotorKote hyper lubricant added.

or this - Motorkote MK-HL10-06 10oz Hyper Lubricant

MOTORKOTE Hyper Lubricant additive is a premium synthetic heavy-duty formulation that bonds to metal surfaces on contact.

Don't suppose Motorcote said "satisfaction guranteed" on the can?

Before I tell you what I have used I want to inform the many professional sewing machine people that I have tried this and in two weeks I see no buildup of dirt etc.

There is a product called "Motor Kote". It was formulated for use in Semi Tractors and most anything that turns or has a motor. I put it in everything I own PU truck, cars, sliding table saw carriage, etc.

They now have the product in a spray can. The feet on my machine began "Hanging Up" when I pushed on the knee lift. Determined it might be the foot lift rod. I oiled it regularly with little result, lightly sprayed it with Motor-Kote, it has been working perfectly ever since.

BTW: The product is available at Meijer's if you have one and a number of truck stops. They have a web site: https://www.motorkote.com/ with free shipping.

ferg

I assure you this is "A Miracle in a Can". The spray can lubricant I use is the MK-30301-12.

They make a fuel additive and the Hyper Lubricant, probably some others, these are the ones I have used.

We have a '92 Olds '88 that doesn't get driven often. Last winter it wasn't running too great so I put the oil additive and fuel additive in it. Took one day for the car to sound like a new vehicle.

I use the spray or the oil additive on hand tools. We have a 10 horse Vacuum Pump on our CNC machine. This thing uses a ten gallon tank for hydraulic fluid. I put one quart of the additive in it and it smoothed it out like honey.

When you change your oil in a car or truck you add 2 ounces per quart. It will not overflow the crank case no matter how much you put in it, within reason of course. Only need to add the additive about every third oil change.

We have a large sliding table saw. I have , before MotorKote, used several different lubricants on the bearings in the slides. Needed to re-lube at least once a week. I applied the spray one year ago and have not lubed again.

Back to the sewing machines. I check the rod in mine every day. No residue, accumulated dirt, gum or anything else, it moves without hesitation.

They have a special on for the remainder of this month I think, don't remember the discount but it is worth it and they do not charge shipping.

Please understand: I do not represent the company in any way. Simply a very satisfied customer among thousands.

Forgot to mention, I don't know that there is a statement on the product saying explicitly, "Satisfaction Guaranteed" You won't be disappointed. They are good people, I am sure if you have a specific problem with any of the products they will be more than happy to work with you.

ferg

While I like the idea that I may NOT have to pull the connecting rod out to polish out the galling that I probably caused, little suspicious of ""miricle in a can" claims. Of course, I'm not right next to a truck stop so it's little more than run over and see if they carry it.

Is this the product U recomend -

Motorkote MK-30301-12 Spray Lubricant - 12 oz.

MotorKote Multi Purpose Spray Lubricant with MotorKote hyper lubricant added.

or this - Motorkote MK-HL10-06 10oz Hyper Lubricant

MOTORKOTE Hyper Lubricant additive is a premium synthetic heavy-duty formulation that bonds to metal surfaces on contact.

Don't suppose Motorcote said "satisfaction guranteed" on the can?

Edited by 50 years leather