raysouth

Shop Press

I have a new and unused, 12 ton shop press from Harbor Freight that is for sale. Thought I might make a clicker.

Would be best if could be picked up in Opelika, Alabama as shipping charges would be costly, I assume.

I paid sale price of $129.99, plus tax and their 6.99 shipping charge. (Wish I could ship it that cheap.)

First $100.00 owns it. I did partially assemble the press but never completed. It can be taken apart again, if handling would be easier.

Drop me a note if interested.

Ray

Did it not work for you as a clicker-like tool?

I have actually been thinking about using this shop press as a sole press in a shoe repair shop. How much drop did you get out of the press shaft?

CobblinHood

I turned a harbor freight shop press into a manual clicker press. I click small dies up to large bag panel parts without any problems. There is a slight learning curve on placement and knowing if you will need to click half the die and move it over for the other half. I cut off the bearing shaft and welded a 1" thick steel plate on the bottom cross arm and a 1/2" thick steel plate on the top and added two more springs to help take the stress off the hydraulic cylinder. I stacked two 1" hdpe plastic sheets and I can use my shortest dies to my old school steel rule mounted in wood dies.

@chrstn53

Heck yeah! That sounds pretty reliable. How of a drop do you get out of the shaft? 6" or so? less? Just curious because I want to mount a high density foam brick to a plate and attach it to the shaft to be used as a shoe sole press in a shoe repair shop. I am going to mount a cobbler's anvil under the shaft but I would probably need about 4-6" of clearance (at least) when the press is off the anvil.