I have not been happy yet with brown dyes and still experimenting. Last Friday I bought some Eco Flow Hi Lighter in saddle tan. That evening,I used a plastic glove one hand with cotton applicator and let it soak in for a few minutes. I held it down with an ungloved hand and buffed it out. Later that evening, both my hands started itching enough to disturb my sleep. I did get a little on the ungloved hand, but probable less than 1 square inch total as I held the scrap for buffing.The next day the itching continued on my hands and moved to several other places and I had red welts in several places. I think it was an allergic reaction to something, which may or may not have been the dye. I ended up taking allergy meds which helped, but it wasn't until Wednesday, that I could drop the meds. I have never had a problem like this. I was hoping the water based things would be safer. I couldn't find anything using the search feature. Has anyone else experienced a reaction to dyes or stains? Thanks!

I bet you it was the glove or the lubricating powder on the glove. Latex allergies are common and well known, but some people do develop allergies to the lubricating powder used on disposable vinyl and nitrile gloves or the glove material itself. The allergy response can be sudden and appear out of nowhere, even after years of using an item with no issues an individual can suddenly become allergic to it.

I was thinking the same thing. My wife has a terrible allergy to latex and it started suddenly in her adult life.

Yeah, the same happened to my wife about six years ago, there's a whole list of foods she can't eat now, pineapple, eggplant, etc.

Thanks for your help. I had already dismissed the gloves as I only had one on and the reaction was both hands. I'm rethinking that now after your suggestions as I recently changed brands of gloves. But thinking about it, whatever I get on one hand will probably find it's way to the other quickly. Thanks for your time and knowledge.