Otto6294

New Machines...

I went with my wife and we bought her a new quilting machine......Janome 6300 Professional.

20150701_142005_zpsft7que5s.jpg

I know......it's not a leather machine. On the way home I said, "I'm jealous of your new machine. I want a Cobra 4 Leather machine." She said, "Order it."

So I did. It ships Friday!

Ahhhh.. Don't you just love guilt :rofl::thumbsup:

I have been saving for this purchase for a while and had to sell a couple guns to make it happen. Let's see......so far I have spent about 5500$ on this hobby and I have sold one 50$ sheath and a leather bracelet. I just keep making stuff for myself.

I just keep making stuff for myself.

I do that a lot too...a wise man once told me that's a sign of good work...wanting to keep everything you make for yourself. I have about four different field notes covers all made out of various Horween leathers and can't bear to sell any of them.

I'm working on a burgundy shell cordovan wallet for myself now...but at least I knew from the beginning that I was making it for myself. lol

$1 return per $100 spent. Sounds about right :rofl:

Drove down to Ontario last Tuesday and picked up my new Class 4. So far I have only done a couple of halters, and repaired a bunch of hobbles for a customer, but if this is any indication, I am going to have a long love affair with this machine. post-60675-0-82046700-1436551197_thumb.j

I went with my wife and we bought her a new quilting machine......Janome 6300 Professional.

20150701_142005_zpsft7que5s.jpg

I know......it's not a leather machine. On the way home I said, "I'm jealous of your new machine. I want a Cobra 4 Leather machine." She said, "Order it."

So I did. It ships Friday!

SCORE!

Ive actually been able to pay for my leather hobby by selling guitar straps and padfolios, but I am certainly not making money. I want a big 441 machine, but I had to settle for a Consew 206 when my truck broke down.

Edited by Colt W Knight

I'm an old school teacher. Scraped enough together to get the Cobra. My machine is set up.....I put it together and played with it for about 4 hours. Tinkered with some sewing. Adjusted the belt. Accidentally reversed the servo motor and spent 30 minutes figuring out how to change it back.

Did a lot of stupid things my first hour. I forgot to put the foot down twice and bird nested it both times. The thread got wrapped around the tension disc once and the thread broke sounding like a 22 going off. Started a few pieces in reverse and immediately ran off the piece. Oh and it does not wind bobbins in reverse (that's how I realized I had reversed the servo.) I got better quick though. I sewed an entire rifle scabbard, belt and buckles in an hour. I also have a '48 Singer 16-188.....a totally different beast.

Edited by Otto6294