Tinneal

Big House Daddy Patterns

I'm hoping someone has had this problem and been able to fix it...

I purchased two packages of patterns from BHD, and although the patterns look great, I'm having trouble printing them. The tutorial online clearly says that to ensure the pattern is the proper size, open the pattern in MS paint, set the print scale to 100%, and print. I'm using a MacBook, and I figured it shouldn't be too much different. I open the image, print it at 100% scale, and it comes out way too big! I know this because one of the belt pieces included in a pattern was stated as being 2" wide... and when I printed it at 100%, it was almost 3" wide. Other patterns seem too big printed at 80%... I don't know what to do. I'm going to try using my boyfriends Windows OS computer tomorrow, and do the proper steps and see if it prints properly.

Anyone else ever have any problems with this?

I don't know about using mac but i do know that some of bighous daddy's stuf is on 8 1/2 by 11 and some are on 8 1/2 by 14 papper

I don't know about using mac but i do know that some of bighous daddy's stuf is on 8 1/2 by 11 and some are on 8 1/2 by 14 papper

I'm hoping someone has had this problem and been able to fix it...

I purchased two packages of patterns from BHD, and although the patterns look great, I'm having trouble printing them. The tutorial online clearly says that to ensure the pattern is the proper size, open the pattern in MS paint, set the print scale to 100%, and print. I'm using a MacBook, and I figured it shouldn't be too much different. I open the image, print it at 100% scale, and it comes out way too big! I know this because one of the belt pieces included in a pattern was stated as being 2" wide... and when I printed it at 100%, it was almost 3" wide. Other patterns seem too big printed at 80%... I don't know what to do. I'm going to try using my boyfriends Windows OS computer tomorrow, and do the proper steps and see if it prints properly.

Anyone else ever have any problems with this?

Try reducing your % on your software untill the pattern print out matches your ruler then make a note of this % size that will I recon be the % size you will need to use on your software to get the desired size.:thumbsup:

Kieran

Try reducing your % on your software untill the pattern print out matches your ruler then make a note of this % size that will I recon be the % size you will need to use on your software to get the desired size.:thumbsup:

Kieran

Yeah, that's kinda what I was trying to do, but I don't have a 'ruler' to go by (or at least not one I'm aware of). The overview for the tool belt pattern just happened to mention that it's 2" wide. Printing it at 73% makes it like 2 1/8" or something. Printing other patterns at 73% makes them either too big or too small. Not all of them have references for what size they should be...

I think that it might be a Mac issue. I have several of his patterns and the only problem I have is that a couple of his patterns have graphics close to the edge of the page and my printer had a permanent margin that seems to always fall where there is a corner and once I put the pattern on leather I have to make the corner by hand.

Damon

That's good to know! Do you have the "Small projects" pack? Because that is the one I'm having the most trouble with.

I think that it might be a Mac issue. I have several of his patterns and the only problem I have is that a couple of his patterns have graphics close to the edge of the page and my printer had a permanent margin that seems to always fall where there is a corner and once I put the pattern on leather I have to make the corner by hand.

Damon

No I don't. I just have a few random ones that I wanted from the construction section.

D

the pattern should have a 1 inch square somewhere on it. print the pattern and measure the square and adjust the size accordingly. not every pattern has the square but thy are all the same aspect ratio. so what works for one will work for the others.

the pattern should have a 1 inch square somewhere on it. print the pattern and measure the square and adjust the size accordingly. not every pattern has the square but thy are all the same aspect ratio. so what works for one will work for the others.

Just went through all the patterns I have... No 1 inch squares or anything on them. The closest thing I can find to that, is that the description of the tool belt says its 2 inches wide. at 73% its just over 2 inches...

Have you tried contacting "Bighousedaddy"?

Have you tried printing with no print scaling rather than at 100%? Set it to none if possible and give it a try.

Also what's the file type you're printing and in what program?

I just purchased the whole package from BHD and the baseball cover has the square on it. If you print it directly to your printer, it does measure 1" (are close enough). I downloded mine directly to a picture folder. I will deal with the paint program latter. In the mean time I'm good to go:red_bandana: . I hope this helps.