Sign in to follow this  
mliebs8

sew holsters, belts, and mag holders?

What items should I expect to have to buy to sew holsters, belts, and mag holders? I've decided to go ahead and buy the 3000 but I really need some advice on the add ons. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Miles,

You will need thread and needles, I use Schmetz and you won't go wrong with them, Linhanyl thread is on sale at Artisan for about $12, size 277 or so, depends on the look you want. You might make use of a edge guide and a holster plate and maybe a double narrow foot (you can grind one of the feet off if needed). Burn up a lot of scrap practicing.

Art

What items should I expect to have to buy to sew holsters, belts, and mag holders? I've decided to go ahead and buy the 3000 but I really need some advice on the add ons. Any help would be appreciated.

Get an assortment of needles to sew the size of thread you will be sew and will sew in the future. I would suggest 138, 277 and 346. Get several bobbins you can never have enough. I think I have 8-10 with several different sizes of thread and colors.

Get the right single foot for doing your cases so you can sew up next to a case edge, Like sewing a mag pouch etc. You will have to grind some off the foot to make it work.

Also the double foot for sewing belts etc.

I have never had the hoster plate. Been doing a lot of holsters without it so I cannot advise if you need it or not.

You will be very glad you bought it. I have been pleased with mine and the customer support is great.

Randy