Sign in to follow this  
ericluther

Holster for a Glock 21 (.45) First Attempt

Hey all made this for my dad, its my first attempt at making a holster, made the belt also.

any critique and comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric

_MG_1826.jpg

_MG_1826.jpg

post-5617-1244402078_thumb.jpg

It rides too high in the holster, could cause a retention problem. It looks like the gun is at a different angle than the holster, does that make sense? Holster and the gun should line up but it looks like the gun is sitting in the holster at a slight angle. Are the stitches recessed in a stitching channel? How is the rest of it held together? I don't see any stitches other than the ones to the sides of the gun. Can't really tell, are the edges slicked and finished? Good first holster overall. Pay attention to the details to give it a more "finished" look.

It rides too high in the holster, could cause a retention problem. It looks like the gun is at a different angle than the holster, does that make sense? Holster and the gun should line up but it looks like the gun is sitting in the holster at a slight angle. Are the stitches recessed in a stitching channel? How is the rest of it held together? I don't see any stitches other than the ones to the sides of the gun. Can't really tell, are the edges slicked and finished? Good first holster overall. Pay attention to the details to give it a more "finished" look.

I agree on the height my dad wanted it that way so he could grip the handle to pull it out better,, we turned the holster upside down with the gun in it and it stayed put but I guess time will tell lol, the stitches are in a channel and the area inside of all stitching was super glued.