Jordan

Question About Stohlman Holster Book

Just a quick question, If I ws to purchase some of the pattern packs that tandy offers are they the same patterns? I want to avoid duplicating if I already got some I don't think I need to buy more of the same...Jordan

Jordan..the guy who basically wrote all those patterns (Mr. Ghormley)just joined the forum in this thread:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...ic=1341&hl=

Go to his website:

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/OWCBuckles.html

you'll see not only the patterns everyone buys, but ones that aren't usually at tandy's and others.

Just a quick question, If I ws to purchase some of the pattern packs that tandy offers are they the same patterns? I want to avoid duplicating if I already got some I don't think I need to buy more of the same...Jordan

Jordan, Buy the Al Stolhman Book there is more than holster

how to in it.

The Ghormley patters will teach you to make pre 1890 Western holsters.

The Stolhman book has patterns for Relvolers and there is a 1911 auto

pattern. With the information given you can adapt the patterns

for modern handguns

all said that book was copyrighted in 1962. and as you know a lot of changes in firearms

has happened...

Thanks, I have checked out a variety of places and eventually will pick up a few pattern paks. Just trying to avoid duplication.

I just bought it at Tandy Monday. I don't know what patterns you already have but if you want I can list what is in there for you so you can decide. I bought it more for the how to than the patterns. I am finishing up a shoulder holster for a friend and the book was very helpful as this will be my second scratch holster. Not made from a pre formed pattern. I did copy some ideas from the US goverment though. I have an old shoulder holster us gov issue and I really like the one shoulder strap design as opposed to yoke and two shoulder etc. I'll post when I get finished. But let me know if you want the pattern list and I will post it for you.

Thanks for the offer, I already have the stolhman book and was curious as to how much duplication the was in the pattern paks so I don' buy a bunch of duplicates, Money is the problem right now, as in I don't have any to waste.

I know that feeling I been broke going on 45 years now. I did buy the pattern pack 6031 and there were no dups.