Sign in to follow this  
wassomeoneelse

South Louisiana

Hey! I am fairly new to leatherworking. I got into it after I started making sheaths for a few of the knives I make. My interest has grown over the last two years. I am hoping that there is someone or a group out there that I can get with from time to time and work on stuff with. I have the capability to make basic sheaths for my blades. I would like to expand my knowledge into more intricate work on them. If there is anyone out there who is willing to share there knowledge... It would be appreciated. In return, I have the capability of some basic blacksmithing, nice beltsander, stones, and other items of metal working. Thanks for letting me ramble. Any information would be appreicated.

Thanks

Bryan

Bryan, Welcome to Leatherworker.net. That little part where you ask if anyone is willing to share knowledge....that's the reason we are here. We have several sections that will help you out if you'd like to read them. Start out in the Paul Burnett section where there is some introductions to the various methods. Keep a note pad handy and write down your questions, then post them in a thread for specific answers. We also have a "How do I do that?" section, where members ask and receive answers for specific questions.

Grab a chair and stay a while, you're gonna like it here.

Bryan, Welcome to Leatherworker.net. That little part where you ask if anyone is willing to share knowledge....that's the reason we are here. We have several sections that will help you out if you'd like to read them. Start out in the Paul Burnett section where there is some introductions to the various methods. Keep a note pad handy and write down your questions, then post them in a thread for specific answers. We also have a "How do I do that?" section, where members ask and receive answers for specific questions.

Grab a chair and stay a while, you're gonna like it here.

Mike,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will definately get more in depth on the forum. I look forward to studying the website. Thanks for the notice on where to look for answers.

Take care,

Bryan

Also....the nearest Tandy to you is down the road in N'Orleans. You can check with them and get info on when the hold classes.

Also....the nearest Tandy to you is down the road in N'Orleans. You can check with them and get info on when the hold classes.

someoneelse, There is also a leathercraft store in Lafasyette on Johnston St., the Leather Pouch. I'm a little west of you in Jennings. Years ago, back in the 70's the Tandy store on Government St. in your town was the only lesther supply store I new about. Nice to hear from a fellow leather worker so close. Drop me a PM sometime, I make it to BR ocassionally.

Both of you are more then welcome to meet with our group in Eunice. we meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.You can contact me by email. bparrie@bellsouth.net

Best regards,

Bill Parrie