raysouth

Trouble With Site?

Anyone having trouble with the site?

I am having problems opening different topics in all areas of the site. Just seems to sit there and do nothing after I have clicked on a particular item I wish to open and read.

Have gone to other sites to see if it might be a problem with my computer but all functions well on other sites.

Whatever it is,I hope that it is soon rectified.

God Bless.

Ray

Try clicking twice. Works for me. I'm on my phone and if I go to the full site I have to click twice and works just fine :)

No problem here right now. Sometimes the site seems a little overloaded, sometimes it is your ISP that is slow.

Tom

Well...I am on a T3 and have noticed the same problems. It's not my connection.

There's obviously a problem...you shouldn't have to reload a page multiple times to get it to actually load.

I have tried clicking twice but still no improvement. I agree that ISP can be slow at times but when checking other sites I have no problem getting things to open.

A little frustrating a I have to close out as not able to open things in a reasonable manner.

Hopefully t is just a temporary thing and will soon go away. Also have noticed that some of the words I am typing are not completed and I have to go back an correct them. Have been very careful to strike all characters and times will not space properly.

I know that I am not a fast typist so I can scratch the idea of me typing excessively fast. Is also placing a red wavy line under some of the words before I have finished typing them.

Another day to figure things out.

Thank you for responding and God Bless.

Ray

I have tried clicking twice but still no improvement. I agree that ISP can be slow at times but when checking other sites I have no problem getting things to open.

A little frustrating a I have to close out as not able to open things in a reasonable manner.

Hopefully t is just a temporary thing and will soon go away. Also have noticed that some of the words I am typing are not completed and I have to go back an correct them. Have been very careful to strike all characters and times will not space properly.

I know that I am not a fast typist so I can scratch the idea of me typing excessively fast. Is also placing a red wavy line under some of the words before I have finished typing them.

Another day to figure things out.

Thank you for responding and God Bless.

Ray

I have the same exact problem with the missing characters. Also, my enter key does not work. I have to copy and paste carriage returns from notepad to get to the next line on here. Makes no sense.

The red wavy line is your spell checker installed in your browser. Older slower machines have trouble when too many add ons and memory resident software is loaded.

Firefox add ons are easily added and removed if they are giving you problems.

IE explorer lets you decide what add ons, active x, and com components you want to run. Knock off the ones you don't need.

If you get the stuff out of the road that you don't need, you will see improvements in your computer and browser speed. Note that wireless connections are slower than hard wired. Check your old hardware (switches, hubs, routers), see if it is limited to 5 or 10 Mbps.

If you have one slow speed device in series in your home network between your ISP's modem and your computer, it is a bottleneck.

Latest versions of IE aren't handling the enter key correctly on this site (on PCs obviously). For each enter key stroke (carriage return) hold the alt key down and type the decimal code 013 on the keypad, then release the alt key. Or easier yet, switch to a different browser.

You need to do some hardware and software troubleshooting on your systems to see what the problem is, so you can decide where the problem is. When you find the trouble spot, then of course you will be able to fix it. And obviously this site is slow when overloaded, or when your ISP is overloaded, or throttling your throughput.

Tom

I have the same exact problem with the missing characters. Also, my enter key does not work. I have to copy and paste carriage returns from notepad to get to the next line on here. Makes no sense.

There is a small box (toggle editing mode) in the top left corner of the box you type into when posting. I do not know what or why but click on the box and it will allow you to use the enter key.