Sign in to follow this  
MarkB

Slobber Straps

Here is the latest pair of slobber strap. They are out of HO 9-10 oz leather with a 3-4 oz lining. Sewn with a Boss stitcher and light oiled and sealed with Bee Natural Leathercare Leather Finish. :whatdoyouthink:

Thanks for looking.

Mark

001.JPG

post-9505-1246505750_thumb.jpg

very nice mark as always you do a great job

Josh

Hello Mark,

very nice work looks good

can you tell me for what they are..?

greetings

johann

Hello Mark,

very nice work looks good

can you tell me for what they are..?

greetings

johann

Hi Johann

They are use to connect a Mecates (or horsehair reins ) to a snaffle bit. The make it easier to connect the reins to the bit and also protect it form slobbers of the horse. Here is a picture of the way the are used on the horse. Thanks for looking and asking questions.

Mark

Larry_s_Branding_027.JPG

post-9505-1246558408_thumb.jpg

These are nice. I didn't know what they were for till you showed the second picture. It's funny how so many thing we don't know about but need are made of leather. It's just awesome when you can decorate even the smallest things.

Look really good. I always had an issue with slobber straps not having enough room to do any tooling but I really like this, it's simple yet adds something to the straps. Good job.

Thanks Spider

Your very right we don't really know how many thing that are made from leather that we need or can use. I see things on this site that amaze me that are from leather.

Thanks again

Wood

I to have had that same issue. This pattern works well and have used it on spur straps that or smaller like a lady's or youth size with great success

Thanks your comments

Mark

hi mark,

thanks for info......the most harness here around is calling the english style..

western riding is not so popolar and only at different stables..

johann

softail rider.......

Hi Johann

They are use to connect a Mecates (or horsehair reins ) to a snaffle bit. The make it easier to connect the reins to the bit and also protect it form slobbers of the horse. Here is a picture of the way the are used on the horse. Thanks for looking and asking questions.

Mark

Larry_s_Branding_027.JPG