Sign in to follow this  
Wild Huntsman

Noob Requests Help Finding Things, Please

hello, i figured i would post a thread to ask where to find what im looking for while i peruse through the older posts, since even i find something in the back it may no longer be as useful as it was then.

im looking for a few things :

white/colored leather(thick/sturdy enough to make tack from)

good patent leather

good leather hides in general(tired of tandy, surprise surprise)

tack hardware in bulk(especialy english buckles/studs)

heavy duty elastic(like for girths or side reins)

a good place to get a custom stamp for my makers mark

im sure the list could go on but these are the ones im most itnerested in currently. if anyone can help with even osme of the list, ill be very greatfull. :D

Weaver has patent, the elaistic and the hooks and buckles i think. Put makes stamps in the search box on here and your find maker stamps. Wickett and Craig has good leather.

i do not recall the best but i believe a while back it was mentioned you needed a legit business account with weaver to purchase such things from them? if that is true then i dont think i could purchase materials from them for quite some time as this hobby is still trying to get to where it can support itself, much less turn into a full business anytime soon.

Beiler's in Ronks, PA has elastic and probably patent leather, maybe white . Do not buy bridle buckles from Weaver, they are huge, somebody thought they needed to be redesigned and I don't know what they had in mind. I buy most of that from Windmill Saddle Supply in Ohio.

Kevin

do they have websites? the only windmill saddle site ive found so far is a co.uk site with only store hours and a number.

TITLE

AUTHOR

PUBLISHER

ADDRESS

SOURCE

TELEPHONE

email

WEB ADDRESS

WINDMILL ENGLISH SADDLE SUPPLY 1x1.gif7186 DEWEY ROAD THOMPSON, OH 44086 1-440-298-3018

http://www.greyghost...com/stamps.html for the makers mark stamp

http://springfieldleather.com/ for patent leather and other supplies like buckles and such

Edited by mikesmith648