Sign in to follow this  
wareagle

Looking For A Supplier

I am looking for a wholesale tooling leather supplier that does not have a minimum amount to purchase, the last on I purchased from I bought some belt strips from out of 10 only 5 are usable, the others had stains or dye splatters on them. I expected better from this company as the do have a good rep here.

So I am looking for a supplier where I can buy one or two hides at a time and has belt strips pre cut.

I am looking for a wholesale tooling leather supplier that does not have a minimum amount to purchase, the last on I purchased from I bought some belt strips from out of 10 only 5 are usable, the others had stains or dye splatters on them. I expected better from this company as the do have a good rep here.

So I am looking for a supplier where I can buy one or two hides at a time and has belt strips pre cut.

you can try Zack White at "www.zackwhiteleather.com. I buy a lot of my buckles from him and some leather now and then,Stephen

Most suppliers will sell pretty decent stuff, I haven't really gone wrong with Springfield Leather, Zack White, and Siegel's. Then again, I'm kinda not so picky as half the things I make are made to be a little distressed and broken in - So I buy as much of the D grade as the premium, and I get very small orders - usually just 1-3 hides at a time - from all of those.

As far as belt blanks go, IMO, make 'em yourself. If you're not pressed for time or have a big order, you can turn a hide into a pile of strips in just a few minutes. 4 punch holes, 1 oblong punch and 2 taps with a strap cutter punch (or just cut it with a knife) and you're pretty much done. It's economical - a 1 1/2" belt is about 0.6 sqft of leather, and even with $8sqft leather that comes to less than $5 a strip. The lowest I've ever seen blanks these days go for about $9 a piece, and this way you can be sure you're getting top notch stuff, cutting around the defects and what have you.

Edited by BAD HIDE

]After talking to the supplier we have straightened the issue out it seems the description of the product was wrong on the site and should have said #2's which it did not will be adding more suppliers and ordering more leather as it gets closer to fall and winter.

post-14158-127981123443_thumb.jpg

i've bought a lot of leather from waterhouse leather. anything $99 or more and free s/h. they have 5% off at the top of the page of ads here at leatherworker.net they're always having specials and closeouts.

i've bought a lot of leather from waterhouse leather. anything $99 or more and free s/h. they have 5% off at the top of the page of ads here at leatherworker.net they're always having specials and closeouts.

They obviously have great pricing. How is the over all quality? Does it tool and mould well?

ferg

ferg, i've ordered 2.5 oz. to 8/9 oz. vegtan from them. i bought a 4/5 oz. side once that wasn't great... good for practice, i hate wasting good leather anyway. haven't been working with leather too long. the leather i've bought thas a nice light color , clean looking. i don't carve, but it stamps fine. i've made some holsters... does fine. i sew with a cobra class 4 machine. it also takes dye well. bought a nice thick belt made of water buffalo. honestly i haven't bought much leather form others, so i just have to say it's fine for what i'm doing. i do burn leather with a detail master excalibre pyrography machine. rickymoo