reuben cogburn

Tippmann Boss Support Group!

I was thinkin we should have a Tippmann Boss support group here.

Generally I like my Boss and would not want to go back to hand stitching... but every now and then.......... "To da moon!!!!".....

There are day's when I can keep that thing runnin right for nothing.. stitch tension won't stay.. pierced thread.... you name it!:deadsubject:

Then it will straighten right out and run smooth for awhile.... very exasperating!!!!!

Anywhoo.. Just thought I'd bring it up!

The Tippmann company has a Tippmann Boss Forum on Facebook.

Your questions are answered there by Tippmann, for all Boss owners to learn from.

If you go and read through the questions and answers you just might solve your problem....:thumbsup:

Here's the link ---> Facebook Boss Forum

Hope this helps!

Reuben, my best friend had a Boss in his shop, and he'd totally agree with you!

Mine is starting to feel like it it binding in the middle of the stroke, and then after a few times the presser foot will "pop", and then all is fine for awhile. I often times complete the stitch stroke with the presser foot slightly lifted, wonder if that is the root of the problem?

Reuben, my best friend had a Boss in his shop, and he'd totally agree with you!

Thanks for the info on the FB page!!! Joined right away!

-dale

I was thinkin we should have a Tippmann Boss support group here.

Generally I like my Boss and would not want to go back to hand stitching... but every now and then.......... "To da moon!!!!".....

There are day's when I can keep that thing runnin right for nothing.. stitch tension won't stay.. pierced thread.... you name it!:deadsubject:

Then it will straighten right out and run smooth for awhile.... very exasperating!!!!!

Anywhoo.. Just thought I'd bring it up!

Reuben

I found that most people run their Boss pretty "dry" because the factory did not seem to lubricate them out the door. I founf that mine did the "popping" thing too, then I went to the garage and brought in the can of axle grease (found at any parts store) and lubed up the inner mechanisms and used lighter oil on the outer movements and the thing smoothed out like a dream.

By keeping it lubricated I could concentrate on thread tension, sewing. keeping my fingers out of the way :no: lol!!!

Best of luck!!

Rick

I was in the TB factory one day, . . . getting my machine repaired, . . . and I watched one of their assembly people put one together. He used a grease that looked just exactly like clear Vaseline Pet. Jelly.

He said it was a silicone grease, . . . and I watched him as he applied it with a small brush, . . . the type called an acid brush, . . . used a lot by plumbers.

I had earlier tried the oil thing, . . . stay away from it, . . . as oil will collect on the bottom side of all those moving parts, . . . and at the most inopportune moment, . . . it will drip down on your piece of leather, . . . and you will be SOME KIND OF UNHAPPY.

I have since gotten a similar grease, . . . and brushes, . . . and every now and then, . . . I take the plate off of mine, . . . pull out the guts, . . . wipe the old grease off them, . . . apply new grease, . . . put her back together, . . . and well................................... it works like a sewing machine.

The trick is not to use a light weight lubricant, . . . it'll drip, . . .

May God bless,

Dwight