Artisan Dave

The Artisan TORO 3000 Video Is Now Available !

Take a look at our new TORO 3000 Video.

It covers everything you will ever need to know..... from setting up your new machine, threading, adjusting, general preventative maintenance, etc.

I am very interested in your feedback - please let me know if you found it educational and what you would like to see in our next production.

Here is the link: http://www.leatherworker.net/Artisan/index.htm

...please let me know if you found it educational and what you would like to see in our next production.

Dave, I have not watched the entire video, but it looks good so far. I've tried to adjust the sound both via the sound icon on the video page and on my sound volume on my computer. No luck. If others have the same problem, I would suggest an increase in the volume of the recorded sound in the following videos.

Bob stelmack

Take a look at our new TORO 3000 Video.

It covers everything you will ever need to know..... from setting up your new machine, threading, adjusting, general preventative maintenance, etc.

I am very interested in your feedback - please let me know if you found it educational and what you would like to see in our next production.

Here is the link: http://www.leatherworker.net/Artisan/index.htm

Dave,

will there be a video for the 1797ab?

Edited by Rawhide

There is a sound icon on the player to the right. You may nned to right click it, click "settings" then "enable hardware accelereration" for Adobe Flash Player. Then you should be able to drag the sound slider up after hitting F5 (forced refresh).

I had to update Adobe Flash on one of our kid's scomputers, too. This was the same kid that was complaining about not being able to see some of the You Tube videos. He's happy now.

Johanna

Hey Dave!

After using the 3000 in Carlos Lopez' saddle shop in Kingsland, GA for months, I have several comments to make. First, GREAT idea having a video. The computer line drawings that came in the manual with our machine were not clear, and Carlos and I had trouble with matching parts in the drawings to the machine (keep in mind, you're dealing with with two, border-line senile 60-somethings). Actually seeing someone doing something is much better than one of us reading it and the other trying to do it!

Second, I would suggest that the video have many more close-ups. When Steve referred to a part on the machine, there should have been a close-up. During the threading demo, Steve's hands were in the way some of the time, and some of the parts he was refering to were too small to see.

Close ups would have helped with the sewing demo, too. Steve says to Carl, "As you can see..." when talking about sewing back into the same stitch hole, but WE can't see!

After watching about the first half (through the demo with the flatbed machine) the only other suggestion I would make would be to have the "Trouble-Shooting" section from the manual on the video with CLOSE-UPS of incorrect stitches or problems (like pulling the bobbin thread out the top of the hole) with the fix discussed using close-ups of the parts tightened/loosened or whatever the countermeasure for the problem might be.

All that said, I don't do video production, so I HOPE you can edit in close-up shots without having to re-do the whole thing.

Hope this helps.

Mike

There is a sound icon on the player to the right. You may need to right click it, click "settings" then "enable hardware acceleration" for Adobe Flash Player. Then you should be able to drag the sound slider up after hitting F5 (forced refresh).

I had to update Adobe Flash on one of our kid's computers, too. This was the same kid that was complaining about not being able to see some of the You Tube videos. He's happy now.

Johanna

Johanna,

The settings are already set as you suggest, but still too soft. Thanks for the tip.

Bob Stelmack

Is there a way to download this video to my computer so that I can watch it on my own time or over and over? I don't see just a download option.

FANTASTIC!!!

I just got done watching the whole video. The sound was no problem at all on my PC.

I've had my Artisan 3000 for quite a while and thought I had it right by reading the book but after watching the video I see i had it threaded a bit wrong. It still worked great though!

I also learned how to properly do a corner and curve. I wish I had this video when I first bought it. This is a great idea!! I learned a good bit even after sewing with mine for a pretty good while now. Remember this is my first sewing machine ever.

I'd also like to be able to download it so that I can put it on a DVD and watch it in my workshop where my sewing machine is.

Thanks you so much!

Art

Yes sir, that is what I want to do as well. I am going to check over the timing and such from the very beginning. This is good to see.

This video is just a teaser for the big finale, right? The big finale where you tell us that all LW.net members get one at half price with 6 years same as cash financing on the balance?

Nicely done video, but I had some volume issues as well. For me, it's probably because I'm on a laptop and have speakers the size of quarters. This is a great marketing device because it shows what the machine can do instead of relying on word of mouth advertising. I was thinking I wanted one before, but now I'm sure....I NEED IT!!!!!!!

(and my wife thinks it could be useful for making all her horse tack in the future :thumbsup: )

Thanks for the video. It's good to see how to actually thread it correctly. I have seen several other people who use their 3000 everyday, and each one has threaded it differently than this way shown. I myself have tried several ways, and the darn thing still stitches fine...amazing equipment. I'm going to thread it up this way from now on, just so anyone who sees my machine will at least copy the prescribed way.

The sound is a bit low, and closeups or unobstructed views would make it better, but for an inhouse set up the camera on a tripod, and talk, it's okay. They make sewing machines, not movies...lol

If you want to download it, use Firefox, and add the 'FlashGot' extension. One click downloads of media at your fingertip. I use Irfanview, and VLC to watch. Although .flv is a good lossless compression method, I find it impossible to scroll through the movies to get to various points. Converting it to .avi, or mp3/4 might make it easier to do this.

Hey rdb!

I understood everything you said right up to:

If you want to download it, use Firefox, and add the 'FlashGot' extension. One click downloads of media at your fingertip. I use Irfanview, and VLC to watch. Although .flv is a good lossless compression method, I find it impossible to scroll through the movies to get to various points. Converting it to .avi, or mp3/4 might make it easier to do this.

:Holysheep:

Mike

I have plans this weekend, and won't be home. If anyone wants a downloaded version, and it;s okay with Artisan, I will put up a link on Monday for a file that's about 2GB. I have some family problems that need to be dealt with this weekend, so I won't be on much.

Johanna

If you can make the download to a DVD "idiot-proof" I'm in!!

Mike

Mike, very funny. That's just what I was thinking when I read your reply.

I tried watching the video but with our satellite internet, it didn't work too well. Kept locking up on the bobbin part. What are the chances of ya'll mailing the video to me on CD or DVD? Sure would help. Lots of really good info, like, how to thread the machine properly. I discovered that after 4 years I've been doing it wrong. And how to make all those fine adjustments.

I tried watching the video but with our satellite internet, it didn't work too well. Kept locking up on the bobbin part. What are the chances of ya'll mailing the video to me on CD or DVD? Sure would help. Lots of really good info, like, how to thread the machine properly. I discovered that after 4 years I've been doing it wrong. And how to make all those fine adjustments.

I'd be more than glad to make you one and mail it to you. Send me an private message with your address. As soon as they get it down loadable I'll make you one and get it in the mail.

Art

Great video. I had no problems with it at all.

Okay, guys. Now it's time for the Toro 4000P video!

Does anyone actually thread his or her 3000 or 4000 the way shown in the video, twice through the pigtail near the top tensioning discs and then twice through the eylet near the lower tensioning discs?

My 441 is not an Artisan. Instead of the eyelet above the lower discs, I have an L-bar, which the thread goes over and then through the eye-spring. I'd like to try an eyelet above the lower discs and I do have one hole where it could go.

If it's possible could someone take a close-up picture of this eyelet on the 3000. and/or 4000?

Does the video apply to the 4000 in general? I have a 4000 but it doesn't have the opening on the back farthest from the hand wheel. An additional video showing any differences in adjusting the 4000 would be great for those of us with no previous sewing machine experience.

SkipJ

I just want to thank Artisan for making this video. The manual just never did anything for me, I need to see it...

I have followed the threading to a tee, and there is a big improvement in stitching, and changing tensions to match leather weight. Before it was hit or miss, now it's just a quick turn of the tension to get the knot in the middle.

After I downloaded the video, I finished watching the section about the settings, and wow, that made things much easier ( especially since I was leery of actually doing anything to the machine). I've disassembled the bobbin area to clean it out, it was a snap.

Thanx Dave and Artisan

esantoro is this what you wanted to see?

SkipJ

Thanks, Skip. That's exactly what I wanted to see. Do you also run the thread twice through the eyelet near the top tensioning discs?

Ed