Sign in to follow this  
RiverCitySaddlery

Stolen Tools

My garage in Spokane WA was broken into this last weekend and ALL my leatherworking tools were stolen. Please keep an eye out for anyone selling a large lot of misc. tools. I had a custom made wooden box with approximately 50 or so stamping tools - Don King bevelers, Barry King, Walter Fey, etc...my Ol' Smoothies were laying inside the box as well. They also took all my hand tools - head knives, edgers, bevelers, lace cutters, draw gauges etc. Most of my tools were marked with a dark blue fingernail polish mark of some kind. I also had a box of silver conchos, belt buckle sets etc. I am still not sure what all is missing. I am offering a reward of $500.00 for any information - NO questions asked. These tools are so important to me not just in my business but personally. Please call Jeni Stow with any information. (509) 939-7672

My garage in Spokane WA was broken into this last weekend and ALL my leatherworking tools were stolen. Please keep an eye out for anyone selling a large lot of misc. tools. I had a custom made wooden box with approximately 50 or so stamping tools - Don King bevelers, Barry King, Walter Fey, etc...my Ol' Smoothies were laying inside the box as well. They also took all my hand tools - head knives, edgers, bevelers, lace cutters, draw gauges etc. Most of my tools were marked with a dark blue fingernail polish mark of some kind. I also had a box of silver conchos, belt buckle sets etc. I am still not sure what all is missing. I am offering a reward of $500.00 for any information - NO questions asked. These tools are so important to me not just in my business but personally. Please call Jeni Stow with any information. (509) 939-7672

I hope you get it sorted out, by the sounds of it they knew what was there and targetted your tools.

Kevin

Check the pawn shops.

And the scrap metal places.

Check ebay, Craigslist and put up reward posters in town and the surrounding area. Leather working is a small community, so only folks like us want those tools. And when you catch them, castrate them with your favorite, but dull head knife. Pun intended

Man! That just stinks.... I hate thieves.

Thank you! Castration will be the mildest thing I will do to them! And we all know that a good leather worker wouldn't HAVE a dull head knife! (wink)

Check ebay, Craigslist and put up reward posters in town and the surrounding area. Leather working is a small community, so only folks like us want those tools. And when you catch them, castrate them with your favorite, but dull head knife. Pun intended

Thank you! Castration will be the mildest thing I will do to them! And we all know that a good leather worker wouldn't HAVE a dull head knife! (wink)

Kinda hard to do if they are WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda hard to do if they are WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Catskin..... look up FGM. It's horrific

we could organize a little leatherworker community action and everyone put an ad on craigslist in our surrounding areas and cover a lot of the country i bet as long as everyone pitches in and spreads the word

let me know ill do my part and cover all of florida

i had something stolen from me in 7th grade and when i find that guy I'm still going to punch him in the face lol, and yes that was about 20 years ago but i feel that it has still not passed my own personal statute of limitations or whatever its called

Jeni:

On a lark I looked at spokane craigslist. I found this add for someone that "Pays Top Dollar" for leather tools.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/wan/2995143794.html

I wonder if you could call him and see if he's received any big lots lately?

Jeni:

On a lark I looked at spokane craigslist. I found this add for someone that "Pays Top Dollar" for leather tools.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/wan/2995143794.html

I wonder if you could call him and see if he's received any big lots lately?

The best luck I have seen recovering stolen goods has been to run an ad offering a substantial reward for the return of the stolen merchandise. Someone almost always knows who done it and for the size of reward you have mentioned, they will probably turn the guilty in. Doensn't cost much and I sure know how losing tools affects me. Sorry to hear about your loss. Hate a thief too. Best of luck to you. Ken

Sorry I just saw this. I'll go check with my friends at the local pawn shops here in the LC Valley to see if they've seen anything. Were you able to file a police report about it? I thought I remembered the news saying SPD was going to start looking at property crimes again.