Sign in to follow this  
bogie12

First Projects And Post

Hello everyone. Wanted to say hello, and show off my first two sheath projects. I'm glad to have found this forum and there is so much talent here and the work you guys do is amazing. I just got into leatherworking in order to make hunting accesories for friends and family. The following were my first two projects. The unfinished one was something I did as a sample and wound up cutting the piece out backward (oops!! lesson learned though lol) as a result it didn't get any of the TLC in terms of decoration that the other did. in the process of making that one when I wet molded the leather it dried and held the knife to tightly. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to what I did incorrectly, tips and advice would be most appreciated. the second one I'm actually pretty pround of never thoguht I could make something liek that but I would love to hear some opinions or suggestions for improvement or things to work on. Thanks everyone, glad to be here.

post-27353-019560500 1326504212_thumb.jp

post-27353-042945100 1326504241_thumb.jp

SORRY about the picutre size and quality.... new to this and trying to figure it out

Edited by bogie12

Welcome to the forum!

That's a good looking design... I think you're off to a good start. If you want to learn about sheath making... look around here for Chuck Burrows! He sells some DVD's on sheath making and other stuff too.

Nick

Thanks Nick! I'll look him up.

Welcome to the forum!

That's a good looking design... I think you're off to a good start. If you want to learn about sheath making... look around here for Chuck Burrows! He sells some DVD's on sheath making and other stuff too.

Nick