Hi all, recently cranked out my first bifold and some long wallets in Burgundy CXL and Hermann Oak Veg tan, let me know what you think!

Thanks for looking,

Kevin

13959957369_281e819dfc_b.jpg13959997118_1f77edc00e_b.jpg14166702243_80da4f2ce4_z.jpg

looks alright. i usually use slightly smaller thread and more spi on mine, but i guess that's personal preference or something.

hard to see the edges in your pics. how did you finish them?

the long wallet patterns look similar to the ones in the Japanese books i got. good designs in there.

Kevin;

Those are very nice, especially for your first go at it. Congrats!

Very nice wallets KGV! The hermann oak has a beautiful colour and the Chromexcel adds a touch of class almost like cordovan would!

Stitching is very nice and the designs look nice and practical, does the wallet with the flap pocket behave itself and stay closed easily? I figure you would maybe have to wet form the fold to get it to behave!

Nicest work i've seen in a little while and a great contrast of colour,keep it up!

@Russ - Thanks a lot! I was very wary about my first bifold but I loved making it, definitely more to come!

@Neillo - Much appreciated! I can't wait to see the H/O age, this particular piece of CXL was from the butt end of the hide, it had a lot more shine and a richer color than CXL i've worked with in the past, I was sad to see it go but i'm sure my customers are happy haha. As for the flap it stays down just fine, I thought I would have to form it as well but after a few days of wearing it in the flaps stay down just fine.

Did you stitch across the top of the bifold for looks? Or was there some functional purpose?

@Joe - that's all looks, I thought all around stitching looked cleaner

Right on! They look really nice overall. You did a great job.

@Joe - Thanks! I think my stitching could be better though haha

Perfect stitching is like a magical unicorn standing under a double rainbow.

so.......did you burnish the edges? can't tell from the pics.

First time out, Fantastic !

Your work looks great. Where did you acquire the Chromexcel leather and what was the pricing? Sometimes when I see items made with Chromexcel, there's a really pronounced grain or wrinkliness to it, but yours seems to be silky smooth. I've been looking to buy some like you have for a wallet project for a while.

Very nice work, Kevin. :)

@wild bill46 - Thanks Bill!

@alackofcolor - Thank you for the kind words!! I buy it from springfield leather, usually it's perfect, this was the butt of the cow so it was silky smooth and thin, best i've gotten from them.

@camerius - Much appreciated my friend!

Very nice. I prefer a thicker thread like you used. For wallets I use 7.5 SPI with .8mm flat braided thread. The only thing I'd change is the thread color. I'd use a slightly off white color. Bright white makes me nervous, like I'm going to get something dirty on it and ruin the look. But that's just personal preference and if you and the person paying for it like it, then it's the perfect color. I've used many color combinations that I think are bad but the person with the cash overrides my opinions.

@joesnuffle - I feel the same way! These were some of my earlier pieces but recently I've shifted to using the natural/undyed variants of cord, looks much more subtle, thanks for the tips!

@stangman645 - Thanks a lot! To be honest I've modified the design so much to make it ergonomic and easy to handle I couldn't tell you. But now I cut the inside piece to 9mm x 23mm and the back to 9mm x 27+mm depending on what weight leather I use. Usually I use 3-4 oz. For the exterior and 2-3 oz. For the interior. Shoot me a message if you have any more questions, I'm happy to help!

@nguoilamvuon - thank you so much :)