Tina

Finally finished with the camera case project

This is the finished handbag/camera case I posted bits of here a while back. My first try of hand sewing together leather with an awl and geeezzz is my hands soar (and red like a lobsters tail)

The pattern of the bag and of the decorations is my own. I dyed the dragons first with spirit dye in blueish green and orange tones, then had Tandys antiquing (the old one that is impossible to get anymore) over it to tone it down.

You do such wonderful work Tina, I always look forward to seeing your stuff and this is no exception. Awesome job!

Tina, I have to agree with Tazz, everything you do looks great! I like how you tied in so many different things and made it all look good together.

Thank guys:-)It's sometime hard to know how you're doing, I don't have anything to compare it with except for photos here (which is greatly appreciated) I need to drag myself to a leather show somehowe, some day:-)

Tina, I have to agree with Tazz, everything you do looks great! I like how you tied in so many different things and made it all look good together.
Great Thank you Clay:-)This is the third try of it, I riped it appart 2 times before this version and I added the thingies at the sides for the strap.

Nice job Tina. We seem to be having a Celtic morning or something. HA!

now that's some great work! I think the fuzzy sides are a bit out of place, but the work and design are mighty impressive!

Not only should you drag yourself to a leather show, you should enter your work. It would be a treat for all the people that attend to see the kind of work you do! There's one coming up soon too.

Ahh så inihelvittes läcker!!!!!

Yeah girl, you sure made something very appealing to me here! I get a medieval sensation out of this one.

The decorative borders are soooo nice with that triweave stamp, I'm just gonna have to steal that idea sometime, lol.

The dragons are way nice, don't tell me you drew up them yourself aswell?

I'm all curious about the rings on top, did you buy them as is or maybe made it yourself with lace?? They look awsome!

The lock is to die for, wow.

WELL DONE!! :clapping:

Tom

Not only should you drag yourself to a leather show, you should enter your work. It would be a treat for all the people that attend to see the kind of work you do! There's one coming up soon too.

Thats scary things Clay. You know how it can be...Your often your worsed enemy:-(

And here I am Drac, just loving my furry things :-) (it's actually "hair on cow") It started out being an option to wetforming leather (very intimidating to a newby) so I started to think of what I could use instead and voila, my furry friends *S*

Ahh så inihelvittes läcker!!!!!

Yeah girl, you sure made something very appealing to me here! I get a medieval sensation out of this one.

The decorative borders are soooo nice with that triweave stamp, I'm just gonna have to steal that idea sometime, lol.

The dragons are way nice, don't tell me you drew up them yourself aswell?

I'm all curious about the rings on top, did you buy them as is or maybe made it yourself with lace?? They look awsome!

The lock is to die for, wow.

WELL DONE!! :clapping:

Tom

Wow, Thanks Tom:-)

Well, the rings is another thing I did when I could not find what I needed (antique colored brass rings to go with the clasp) so I just wraped leather around the rings I had and then some satin sheene, "you take what you have"

the patterns is easier to draw than one might think, just takes some time. Sometimes I start from scratch, sometimes I might use something I've seen and liked but I alter it to something new...And yes, to me, I'm more inspired by the medieval and/or old viking runestones than the irish celtic version of it all so I call this one my "Viking bag":-)

You have nothing to be scared of Tina. Your work is original and fun and everyone loves it! People at the shows are just as nice as people here on the forum and they are going to like you and your projects. You will get some new ideas from seeing what other people are doing, and they will get lots of ideas from what you are doing. And best of all, you will get a chance to make some new friends and meet some of the people that you know from here.

You have nothing to be scared of Tina. Your work is original and fun and everyone loves it! People at the shows are just as nice as people here on the forum and they are going to like you and your projects. You will get some new ideas from seeing what other people are doing, and they will get lots of ideas from what you are doing. And best of all, you will get a chance to make some new friends and meet some of the people that you know from here.

It sounds great... I'm still trying to talk hubby into going to one. Hey, he drags me around to all these gun shows, it's only fare:-)

It sounds great... I'm still trying to talk hubby into going to one. Hey, he drags me around to all these gun shows, it's only fare:-)

Tina,

That is indeed beautiful. Very very nice job of it.

Thanks so much for posting your pics.....now maybe I'll get the nerve to try one for my camera.

Dave Theobald

http://theobaldleather.com

Edited by David

Tina,

That is indeed beautiful. Very very nice job of it.

Thanks so much for posting your pics.....now maybe I'll get the nerve to try one for my camera.

Dave Theobald

http://theobaldleather.com

Thank You Dave:-)

You always makes beautiful things, go for it:-)

now that's some great work! I think the fuzzy sides are a bit out of place, but the work and design are mighty impressive!

What?! I think the "fuzzy sides" make it that much more cool!

Tina, that bag is WAY cool! I never carry a handbag, haven't since 1992, but if I did, I'd love to carry THAT one! That's just gorgeous!

Edited by Hilly

Hi Tina

This is an excellent example at professional work, that needs to be show. I would like to attempt something similar to this for binoculars. Could you show what the top of the bag looks like with lid opened?

Dink

TINA ...............that is a WORK OF ART.........i might as well go back to shoeing Horses. your leather Art is Aswum :You_Rock_Emoticon::cheers:

Hi Tina

This is an excellent example at professional work, that needs to be show. I would like to attempt something similar to this for binoculars. Could you show what the top of the bag looks like with lid opened?

Dink

Thank You all, you do boost my confidence to get my behind over to some leather show, but the real treat would be to meet some of you there:-)

Dink...I'll take some more pictures, I'm just going to finish of the lining inside of it, looks nicer:-) As I said earlier, I did take this one apart twice. The construction of it was a wee bit of "trail and error" and I kept changing stuff and adding (hopefully to the better) as I went along.

Very cool, excellent work as usual.

Tina, another insperational piece. I agree with ClayB, you really should look at entering some of your work, blue ribbons would be flying your way.

This bag has so much going on, and it all fits together so nicely, great work, and thanks so much for sharing. Do hope the hands heal soon, so we can see more of your work.

Ken

lovely camera case I love the dragons and knotwork!

tina

believe me, I have nothing against using fuzzy (I used a snazzy leopard print hair on hide occasionally). I just thought it didn't tie in with the dragons. doing the sides in the tri-weave or a scale pattern would've seemed to have been more complimentary to me. oo! or a big pile of treasure! and when ya do enter a leather show lemme know so I won't enter too and get stomped by your great work! :)

another great piece of work tina, i love the fuzzy sides and of course i love the dragon