I had a friend give me 10 bayonets in return for making a couple of sheaths to be given away as door prizes. While I was at it, I made one with Python inlay to give my friend. He was surprised!

I'll have to say I learned a lot and I'm ready to make some more. Leatherwork gives me a nice change from doing upholstery.

The two black ones are just plain Jane basic.

IMG_0580_zps20ce8f69.jpg

IMG_0577_zps9a3e131c.jpg

IMG_0579_zpse5b4fe18.jpg

IMG_0581_zpscd212c3b.jpg

Nice work. I especially like the snake skin inlays.

That python skin rig is awesome.

Which version of the M9 are those? Looks like one of those could be a Phrobis III.

I have one of the Phrobis III M9 bayonets, before Buck took over the contract and company. The contract was later picked up by Ontario and then later someone else. I forget all the history behind it, but at one point I remember you could pick up a Buck version in the store that was identical to the Phrobis just with Buck markings. It's a great blade, too.

Nice job one the sheaths, too.

Thanks for the positive comments. Yes, it was one of the Phrobis III M9 bayonets. These were made by Ontario. Someone gave me 10 of these to make the 2 black sheaths for door prizes. He also gave me one of the sheaths designed by John Bianchi. It's pretty cool, It allows you to cut wire with the knife.

I made the Python for him as a surprise. I didn't realize how much these knives sold for until I started to do a little research!

Edited by Bobby hdflame

Just in case anyone was wondering on the history behind the M9 Bayonet...

Some info from M9Bayonet.com

More from Wikipedia

It has an interesting history and right up until the contract was picked up LanCay, and later Ontario, all the M9's were either being made by Buck directly or as a subcontractor. They had plenty of revisions and such along the way, but almost all of the them are highly collectable as Buck no longer makes them and Phrobis no longer exists. I remember when you used to be able to pick up Buck's civilian version in the sporting goods stores. I kinda wish I had picked up more of them when I had the opportunity.

*EDIT*

I need to add that it seems that there are highly collectable versions all through the life of the M9 line.

Just look through this series of pages. LOT OF PICS!

Edited by shtoink

I really like your design, great work.

Nice work on those! Just need to work on straightening up the lines of the sheath itself. Also, I would dye the inside of the belt loop as well...undyed gives an unfinished or hurried appearance. Good job!