urbanwrist

Custom Batman & Green Lantern Kindle Leather Sleeve

From time to time we like to take on special / custom request from our customers. This is a Batman & Green Lantern custom kindle sleeve we did for one of customers that is very much into comics.

We used veg tan leather for the exterior and lined it with felt for a cushioned interior. Top inside portion has a piece of velcro for a secure lock fit.

Exterior was laser sketched while color was hand dyed onto the leather.

Let us know what you think.

Thanks, -J

post-6495-043783900 1300130040_thumb.jpg

post-6495-008639500 1300130113_thumb.jpg

post-6495-068442800 1300130120_thumb.jpg

post-6495-038028900 1300130126_thumb.jpg

post-6495-057051800 1300130132_thumb.jpg

post-6495-004416000 1300130139_thumb.jpg

super cool! no pun intended. hahaha

Chris

Love the Batman one.......how did you do the dye job.

Nicely done.

The imagery is fine, but with the all over coloring it just looks too commercial to me. It could have been done on Pleather and most people wouldn't know the difference.

For me if it is going to be made from leather I want to be able to feel the tooling that was done. All of the laser etched items that have been shown so far just don't have any soul in my opinion. With tooling that you can feel, and run your fingers over, you have a tactile connection with a craftsman who did the work. With lasers, it is some machine that did the execution of the design. Yes someone programmed the laser, but it isn't the same. Again, it looks too commercial even if it is a one off item. Now with that being said, it looks like it will do a fine job of protecting the Kindle (something else I am not too hip on, I prefer paper books).

Looks awesome.

I agree with BIGGUNDOCTOR about the tooling, I love the look and feel of something tooled.

I am going to attempt to make a Thundercats one in the next few weeks for an Ipad.

I love the Ipod Watch idea on your website. Very creative!