rickeyfro

Kinda Proud of This

Couldnt even wait to finish this before showing, for the first time I'm kinda proud of my handstitching. Tooled Inlay with double row of stitching on shrunken Bull shoulder. Is it just me or is this looking decent?

Meant to post a close up. Its a miracle what you can do with a Bob Douglas Awl and a new pair of glasses

stitsch.JPG

stitch_2.JPG

stitsch.JPG

stitch_2.JPG

post-5441-1242512905_thumb.jpg

post-5441-1242513129_thumb.jpg

You have every right to be proud, that's really tight!

:jawdropper: wow! great job...toot away...

Yeah that does look really good.

You liking those bull shoulders? Where you get yours at?

I like the skulls as well, nicely done.

Thanks Guys, Max I get my shoulders from Charles Hardke, pretty reasonable right around $6.00 square foot and a real nice selection of colors and textures, and yes I really do like working with them, not to mention the look and feel.

Nice work!!I really like the stitching if i could make it look like that. i may give up the idea of getting a machine.. I like the look of the bull shoulder and tooling. makes for a nice mix..

Thanks Curt, to be honest the bull shoulder has alot to do with the stitching looking good, no need for a stitch groove, thats what Ive always had the biggest problem with, getting the holes to come out in the groove on the backside, when the backside it shown, but the bull shoulder being flexible tends to great its own "groove" and make the stitches lay down nicely when pulled snug.

I hear that about the new glasses, Rick. The last pair I got let me work without using a magni-visor. That was pretty liberating.

I'm not a huge scull fan, but I really appreciate the look you achieved on this project. That is good work on the stitching, and I love the texture of the leather you put around the border. Look forward to seeing this when it's done.

Kate

Thanks Kate, you know bikers and skulls, I know what you mean about the texture of the bull shoulder, I love this stuff, so far Ive gotten 4 different colors from Charles Hardke and each one was totally different, not just the color but the texture, grain and feel of each type was unique. I dont know if youve dealt with him but if you contact him he'll send you a bunch of swatches of each type they offer, I think it's like 10 or 12. Once you get em you'll be tempted to order one of each. So far Ive used them for seats and fork bags for bikes, and accent pieces on holsters, but I want to try em on wallets and some other things. Theres a couple of them, the black and a couple of the browns that look identical to elephant.

Very Nice! very nice indeed,

i like the color...the textures...the art...the workmanship...

i like it all.

hurry up and show us the finished product.

ken

Thanks Ken, I'm gonna try an finish it up tomorrow. I'll definately post pics

Hey Rickie you got a link to his site. I dont know the name (really bad with them). Appreciated.

http://www.charleshardtke.com/index.php Max, get in touch with them, they have more variety then the website shows, ask for Peter, and ask for some samples of whats availabble

Edited by rickeyfro

Finished...

And the back..

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

post-5441-1242590749_thumb.jpg

post-5441-1242590832_thumb.jpg

Rick, :You_Rock_Emoticon: That is a mighty fine seat, anyone would be proud to have that on there scoot!

Thanks for sharing

Greg

Awsome seat!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Love the skulls and the double stitch looks very nice, also love the texture of that bullshoulder.

Tom

"Great looking seat dude", I'm brand new at this leather gig, and don't know how things are done yet , BUT that super nice. I like the braiding on the edges, came out so smooth, won't rub the leg as it hangs over the seat.

I,m a hertitage man myself.

Great job

Thanks guys, and Duane thats why I try to keep the braiding low on the sides, for that very reason, good eye. Rick

Thanks guys, and Duane thats why I try to keep the braiding low on the sides, for that very reason, good eye. Rick

AWESOME!!!

I'd love to try to do a seat. Just dont have one to cover. Great work!!!

Phillip Sims

That's very nice. You have every right to be proud.