Lorrso

Red And White Edges

Hello to all,

a customer asked for a red and a white leather bridles, english style.

My fave products for coloring edges are the ones from Fiebings, but they don't produce nor a red or a white dye specific for edges.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you very much in advance!

L.

Hello to all,

a customer asked for a red and a white leather bridles, english style.

My fave products for coloring edges are the ones from Fiebings, but they don't produce nor a red or a white dye specific for edges.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you very much in advance!

L.

È possibile acquistare pittura per bordi di pelle in vari colori.

Si prega di contattare Galli SPA di Vigevano (Tel 0381 42423).

Siamo un distributore per i loro prodotti negli Stati Uniti.

What I've seen in tack with white edges is usually a lining with folded edges as opposed to a dye. In this case, you'd use a red piece in the front then white lining and the white would have folded/rolled edges that extend a little beyond the red. But that might not be what your customer means.

Probably a good idea to have your customer provide pictures or examples of the desired effect.

Otherwise you could consider acrylics on the edges but I don't know how well that would wear.

What I've seen in tack with white edges is usually a lining with folded edges as opposed to a dye. In this case, you'd use a red piece in the front then white lining and the white would have folded/rolled edges that extend a little beyond the red. But that might not be what your customer means.

Probably a good idea to have your customer provide pictures or examples of the desired effect.

Otherwise you could consider acrylics on the edges but I don't know how well that would wear.

you could use an acrylic paint, and then seal it up with a clear coat, or wax... or you might want to try 'tinting' bag or tan coat? i havent tried the last method yet... (i will a little later today on some scraps), but i have used the first one when i needed to have yellow, red, blue, and orange for some watchbands i was making... hope it helps...

eric

Thank you for your replies!

I think I will try with an acrylic paint then sealed with Resolene.

L.

I have little leather experience, but I'm a graphic artist.

If the choice is to match the color, but risk it not holding up to use, perhaps you might want to color the edge to match the color of the horse, using a durable edge treatment.