electrathon

Rubber Grinding Dust For Moccasin Soles

Rubber grindings for moccasin soles. This is used to create a rubber slurry on the soles of your moccasins to waterproof the bottoms and make them slip resistant. This is done by mixing a slurry of Barge cement and rubber grindings. Stir till it is a thick goop. Then spread the goop over the bottom of the shoe.

What you see in the picture is my processing plant, pretty low tech. The rubber is from a tire retread plant, then I sifted it to remove the larger shavings. You will receive a small flat rate box full of rubber, enough to do a large pair or two small pairs with some left over for touch ups if you start to wear out areas.

$15 paypal will get some shipped out tomorrow.

Aaron

post-2349-0-60604000-1409610267_thumb.jp

I use this stuff a lot, nasty toxic mixture that it is. The rubber I get is more of a flour or sugar consistency though.

I tried making my own once but the rubber was too lumpy to get a smooth finished sole.

I sent it through a screen with 3/16" holes. I lost about 1/3 of the bucket to waste by removing the bigger pieces. I have heard that if you want it more pulverized you can send it through the blender on a day your wife is at the clothing store. If the rubber pieces are smaller you will loose a little bit of strength since the pieces do not interlock.