Bruno Rock

Hell On Wheels Cullen Bohannon's Holster Patter

Howdy folks,
Hell on Wheels, one of my favourite TV Series so far, has just began for the 5th and final season, so today I was trying to make, the holster pattern of the main protagonist, Cullen Bohannon, former Confederate Officer, looking for vengeance and ended up as a Railroad man, he used to carry a brass framed 1860 Colt Army in the first two seasons, now he has switched to a 1858 Remington.

It's basically a mexican doble loop holster, with a large teardrop as backskirt, but I'm having problems, designing that part.

I think the belt it's pretty straight forward, for what I can see from reference pics it's a 1 3/4 inch belt.

Here's an old pattern and a finished holster that I made over a year ago, but I'm not really happy about it, so I decided to make a new one today, and of course a good reference pic.

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated!

Cheers from Italy

post-52032-0-25612600-1437847115_thumb.j

post-52032-0-71110500-1437847126_thumb.p

I think you have it perfect Bruno

Make it up!

Cant help on the leather, but yeah that show rocks!

I'm thinking the angle is of some but not seeing it worn in the same fashion so I'm not 100 percent sure. I'm looking at where and how the back lays behind the front holster. It's close but I'm thinking the back piece it's exact No offense intended just my observations. I'm having the same problem with a holster I'm working on because I'm angling the holster but having a very hard time with the back piece and belt stabilizer.

After a few pattern attempt here's the result!

When It's done I'll post it in the Gun Holster section

post-52032-0-87152300-1438190522_thumb.j

That looks awesome! Any chance you could help me out with how much leather it took? This will be my first project and I like how in the show the holster looks beat to crap anyway so I won't feel to bad about mucking it up. Thanks for sharing!

Here's a few tips for you johnwayne97, the belt is a 1 3/4 wide,with an heavy duty roller buckle, I've punched 11 holes, (one every inch) from the first hole to the end is roughy 14 inches of overlenght to tuckle in (like Bohannon wears it on the show).

Regarding the holster, that I agree in the show looks pretty aged/distressed, you can print, trace on posterboard and then edit the California Slim Jim patterns posted in the gun holster holster section, then add a teardrop.

I don't have a scanner device to scan my pattern, otherwise I'll post it.

Hope it helps, I think it's a fun and easy project for a beginner. Also check this thred out, it's all about Bohannon's costume! http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=172601

Edited by Bruno Rock

You're welcome, I've finished the gunbelt yesterday, soon I'll post a few pictures on the Gun Holster Section

Good job Bruno!

Here is one I did a while back.

post-3267-0-29123400-1440236121_thumb.jp