Sign in to follow this  
CharlieR

would like to try my first pair of working reins

OK guys, how about a little advice. As a newbie braider, I have made several bolos and hatbands, using different knots and colors out of kangaroo. Now, I would like to try my first pair of working reins. Don't want to get too fancy, just use what little I've learned on the bolos and hatbands and make a nice using set of split reins. I have some leather core coming from Oregon Leather, have my kangaroo. As I don't cut my own strings yet, will use what I've bought. SO, what kind of advice can you offer a newbie on this project???

Nothing to it but to do it! If you've braided bolos then you've braided reins. More string to deal with so make sure you have 'tamales' that feed out fairly nicely. Try and braid the whole project at once and not have to stop and restart as it will show in the finished project. Pull evenly from side to side and try to keep your "v's" running evenly and have fun doing it!

Vaya Con Dios, Alan Bell

Have no fear for atomic energy...Cuz none of them can stop the time!
Bob Marley - Redemption Songs