womblelancs

Total Novice Signing In

Hi there, I'm Womble and I'm in England. I'm a total novice at leatherwork, but I'm hoping to pick up a few tips for making simple craft items, at least to start off with. I already do pyrography on wood and fancy having a go at trying it on leather, maybe starting off with keyrings or bookmarks and then working up to bigger things once I've got the hang of that.

My other half makes knives and sheaths, and I've been watching him work and reckon I could make a reasonable job of it, given a bit of practice. He's already let me loose on a bit of stitching and was happy with my work. I also fancy having a go at making pouches and bags.

I probably won't post frequently on here because, as well as crafts, I'm also a keen biker and folk musician, so I'm often out of the house doing stuff. I hope you don't mind if I ask any daft questions, or if I spend a bit of time lurking and learning before making any meaningful contributions.

Cheers, all.

Welcome to the site. Lots of great leather workers on here to learn from.

Scruffy

Welcome to the forum from Plymouth. From your name - are you up in Lancs?

As you will be told frequently - the only daft question is the one you don't ask! ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum from Plymouth. From your name - are you up in Lancs?

Thanks everyone. Yes, I'm in Lancs :)