Sign in to follow this  
BearMan

Mom's Christmas Present

Hi Everybody,

Here is another Christmas present done. Only a couple dozen to go,,, I hope I survive!! It's a 10" x 6 1/4" Olivewood Cross, in a Walnut 12 1/2" x 10" shadow box frame. The Olivewood is certified to have come from the "ancient" Olivewood trees in Bethlehem. The lining is 1 1/2 oz veg. tanned lining leather. The colors were all done with spirit dyes. The design was done using one of my cocobolo "snake" burnisher / modeling tools. The simple design was done "on the fly" without any pre-conceived patterns. The cross is only held in by friction. The lining leather is stretched over some 1/2" thick foam board, that I cut in a "rabbit" around the edge, for a shadow line. I made the cross removable,,, just because.

This was one of those projects that everything just seemed to go right,,, without any muss or fuss. Thanks for looking,,, Ed the"BearMan"

post-7175-048137000 1288727084_thumb.jpg

post-7175-018220300 1288727102_thumb.jpg

post-7175-084351200 1288727121_thumb.jpg

Dude! Stop!!

First, your son's gift and now this.......stop the awesome work insanity!

Awesome....wow!

Thanks Bear & King X,

Hopefully, after I get a couple more done,,, I can rest my brain for a while. The problem is,, that once I've figured out how I want to do things on one project,,, I start rolling some designs around,in my head,for the next project, while I'm doing the first one. I guess that make me a "multi-tasker". That's why I keep a note pad on the nightstand,,, some of my best ideas happen in the middle of the night, when I can't sleep.

Thanks again, for the wonderful comments!! Ed

That looks great!!