Froghunter

Store Sign

If you ever visit the Orlando Tandy Store (Shameless Plug!!) You can see some of my work in person. When I started working for Tandy I thought that the stores should have some "personality" and showcase some of the things you can do with leather other than the well known wallets, knife cases, saddles etc. So I came up with this idea.

The pattern is from the "Dragon Book" we sell.

The leather is 8/9 oz scrap from the bin. It was backed with fiberboard after finishing to give it sign worthy rigidity.

The Open/Closed piece is glued back to back and is just flipped as needed, I don't have a pic of the open side, but it is the same font and is painted with a green background.

This was one of my first carvings. I did the dragon on the left and the Logo, the back ground and the celtic border. Another employee did the dragon on the right.

The piece was finished in antique medium brown gel (eco-flo). the logo was blocked out before staining.

Again, please critique if you so feel the need! I am still learning and want to gleen as much info from the people on his site as I can! Y'all inspire me to become better!!!

Closed_sign_small.jpg

DSCF2467.JPG

post-5734-1202058627_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1202058661_thumb.jpg

They used to have a number of items made by various local folks at the Orlando store, are those all gone now? That's a shame if they are, as there were quite a few nice pieces....

Nice work.... I wished that there were more people that did leather work at my Tandy....

Maybe you need to see about a transfer.... LOL

The sign looks great!

They used to have a number of items made by various local folks at the Orlando store, are those all gone now? That's a shame if they are, as there were quite a few nice pieces....

There are still quite a few items made by our local customers, we display them proudly!

Thanks for the compliments!!!

Edited by Froghunter

Hey Frog that is a pretty cool sign. I swear they better not change their hours...lol. Good lookin stuff dude.

Hey Frog that is a pretty cool sign. I swear they better not change their hours...lol. Good lookin stuff dude.

It's OK if they do, heck I could always tool a nice Rivet on trivet to cover! Beside, if you noticed, the 6, was actually stamped a 5....My bad!, so I fixed it, kinda! and there is a double stamp on the lower letters, but I smoothed it out best as I could.

Thanks for the compliments all!

frog,

i may have seen that b4, being i don't have the opportunity to get in too often ya know....lol

This looks familiar! It did turn out very well Frog... Keep up the good work!