Sign in to follow this  
lspiers

Patterns for Baby Stuff

I just found out I'm going to finally be a Grandpa - my first grandbaby!! So, my wife and daughters are busily knitting and crocheting blankets and stuff, I thought it'd be fun if I could make something too. Problem is, I don't know what. Right now, most of my leatherwork is in holsters for pistols, and I'm sure it's too soon for that.

So, I'll ask the forum - does anyone have any good patterns for anything baby related? Moccasins or shoes or something? Any and all ideas would be great!

Woo hoooo!! :)

dear soon to be grandpa,

I became a dad about 16 months ago, so I know what you're talking about. My wife made some things for our daughter, when I was wandering what to make her, but then I bought a chest and placed leather in and on it, maybe this is an idea.

otherwise, check out this link

http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/blog/cloth_shoe.pdf

cheers,

Gunter

Sorry I don't have anything for you but congratulations.

Butch

First, congrats!

I have a pattern for a baby photo album, baby diaper introducing the child and baby mocs, I think. I will have to dig and hopefully you will not need them like soon. I am feeling under the weather. I can check for you, but please give me some time, okay.

Happy New Year!

I just found out I'm going to finally be a Grandpa - my first grandbaby!! So, my wife and daughters are busily knitting and crocheting blankets and stuff, I thought it'd be fun if I could make something too. Problem is, I don't know what. Right now, most of my leatherwork is in holsters for pistols, and I'm sure it's too soon for that.

So, I'll ask the forum - does anyone have any good patterns for anything baby related? Moccasins or shoes or something? Any and all ideas would be great!

Woo hoooo!! :)

Have a look at this site, well worth what he charges for the patterns

http://www.bighousedaddy.com/making_a_pair_of_baby_booties.htm

Congrats Grandpa!! My suggestion is go to the second hand store and buy a diaper bag. Rip it apart for your pattern.

Make a leather one and it will still be around when this grandchild goes to college to be used as a book bag! My 2 cents, Ross