Sign in to follow this  
raysouth

Sheath Making Dvd's Viewed------

I recently purchased a small collection of sheath making dvd's and they were all a very worthwhile investment.

The 4 volumes by Paul Long and published by Chris Crawford Knives, the 2 dvd set by Chuck Burrows of Wild Rose Trading Company, and the George Hurst dvd by Hide Co.

Many tips to be learned from the three different sheath makers with products ranging from the very basic sheath construction, the mid level construction and the master level construction.

This was a very worthwhile endeavor and now I have the collection, along with a few others, that will allow me to review and attempt some of the techniques I have seen.

Those of you that aided in my quest and took the time to put me on the right track, are very much appreciated.

I have made sheaths in the past but now I have plenty of ways to save time and produce sheaths using newly learned techniques, not to forget that I may now be able to produce a much nicer product.

Special thanks to Troy who triggered the idea of placing a monitor with dvd player next to the bench that will allow me to refer, easily, to subject matter of interest. Sometimes we need to trigger the brain to new ideas. lol. Never to old to learn new tricks.

If anyone wishes to know more about the content of the video presentations, send me a pm or email direct, raysouth1@hotmail.com

Weather continues to keep me out of the shop but is soon to change for the better and I will be going at if full speed, @ 2-3 mph. lol. Used to be @ 90-100 mph. lol.

Again, thanks to all of you and drop a line when time permits.

God Bless.

Ray

Edited by raysouth