Tina

My "Arty" leather collars and such...

Hi all

I promised Johanna to get my pictures up again…They’re some of the ones that can not be restored so here it comes….

WHOA! Gorgeous! but quick, someone move them to the adult section!!

Brent

PS: My collar is TOTALLY unworthy compared to these! I love the snake collar.

Tina, Happy to see you reposted your stuff, it is simply outstanding work. Jordan

Glad you came back Tina... I told my group about your site...

howardb

*Giggle* I dare put just these few photos up here cuz Johanna moved them the last time from adult to this "show of" forum...

Jordan Simply Very much Thank You:-)

wolvenstien Thanks for your "Welcome back"...I did read and answer you just before the crach down, I'll do it again...

LOL, will look for it.

i don't think i got a chance to comment last time you posted.

very nice work. i really like your use of color!!

How come I cant view the pics? I keep getting the error message saying it may have been moved or deleted

Linda

How come I cant view the pics? I keep getting the error message saying it may have been moved or deleted

Linda

Same problem here too. Where is the adult section? Can't find that listed anywhere.

all pix were deleted last night.... all pix need to be re-uploaded....

The pictures that were posted yesterday were lost again last night when the forum went down. They will need to be posted one more time. Hopefully that will be the last time. Johanna and Kate have done an amazing job fixing what wasn't supposed to be fixable and saving what wasn't supposed to be salvagable. Just be patient for a while longer, and it sounds like most of what was lost might be back (but it could take a couple weeks) In other posts here on the forum, it was announced that any pictures posted since October were lost and should be re-posted if you can.

If you want to be able to see the adult section of the forum, you need to send a PM to Johanna. The forum is set up to be family friendly, and that section is made available only by request.

Clay

Oki, I put them up again...but because of the forum we're in I take some modified pics of the tooling on certain object to be family friendly;-)

wood1a.jpg

P1010199.jpg

post-5624-1199743974_thumb.jpg

post-5624-1199744029_thumb.jpg

I really like the dragon/snake. All of it is excellent color and design.

That goes for me too, Tina. Wherever you put the pictures on the forum, you do great work!

Yes Tina, your work is amazing, the coloring is just wonderful. You must have a great deal of patience to be able to get the colors so good.

Ken

Hi everyone and Great, Massive Thanks:-)

I know I did get some questions from some of you before the crash about how I do the coloring..And I did put up a loooong answer that was here for an hour or so *Grrr* (and no. I did'nt copy the text anywhere *double grrrr*) I'm going to get the text down again and up here, just give me a day or so.

So happy and greatful to everyone that's been working on this page to get it up again//Tina

Tina, You are still rock'n with those projects. Very nice. I do miss the paddles however...lol How do you apply ur color?

Lets see if I can make some hints on how I do the coloring on some of the objects.

First of, If possible I would use the spirit dyes on most things that needs a vivid color...They rock!

The flames: It's actually easier than it looks the way I have the rest of the design. I prefer and use Angelius spirit dyes for them (but I guess any dyes can be used?). I actually just use that cotton round thigie on a metal string and dab around (really) I have yellow and red that meets somewhere in the middle for orange (or I mix orange in beforehand to make it easier). I also use resolvent and rather make a few extra layers and get it right than all at once. The trick is to be lightning fast (supermanspeed but still one has to know what to do) to keep the work and dyes wet. Because I make the background black it's very forgiving cuz it covers all the flaws. The black is Angelius leather paint done with mostly a fine brush or two.

The flags and badge:This is all painted with the leather paint, "easy as apple pie":-)

Snake collar:This one was tricky to say the least. Here I used the spirit dyes for the flowers and leaves. Because of the small details I used a small brush to them and I just love the resolvent fluid...It really helps keeping the work under some sort of "control" (?). I guess my background as and artist with many moves down my spinal cord helps *S* The background again is the black leather paint and the snake I made with antiquing, why settle for just one kind of coloring when there's so many to use:-)I hope this helps a little bit and feel free to ask, I'll try to aswer ASAP//Tinaps.

ps.

I just got the "hidden section" up in my user and will post the the rest of the pictures up almost as we speak

Have a fab day everyone//Tina

Edited by Tina

I just made a little practise piece the other day when the forum was down. This is also mostly spirit dyes (and the black leather paint)

Because so many areas is touching each other that needs coloring I tried to use some of my arty stuff, Masking fluid to prevent the colors to get into the wrong place. It worked but...The next time I have to do the layers of the masking fluid much thicker...It was a drag to peel of (with the pliers *grrr*)

tricky.jpg

post-5624-1199808464_thumb.jpg

Very nice... Like the purple...

Hi Wolf...

Me too...It was a try to mix the purple with the blue at some places, it kinda works;-)

Tina your coloring is exceptional, the way you are able to blend them so natutly. What are you using for masking? I use a liquid latex like what I believe was Kate that had mentioned before.

Ken

Hi Beaverslayer :-)

I'm using Winsor&Newtons "Masking Fluid". It' think it's latex (but not sure) I think any good art store would have it.

Normally it's used when you need to mask something of painting with watercolors. It's like rubber when it dryes. I only took one layer of it when I did the leaves and that is not a good idea. It gets stuck in the background (made with tool 104) and because it's so thin it did not come of as easy as I would have hoped for. The next time I'm going to get at least 3 layers of it.

Hope this helps a wee bit:-)

Thanks Tina, the stuff I use is "Mold Builder" by Castin Craft, it actually works fine with just one layer, but the smell...wow, very strong amonia smell.

Ken

The one I'm usin does not smell hardly anything...So, it's either the smell or 3 layers *S*