mlapaglia

Iwb Tuckable Holster For New M&p Shield

For those that have not seen one the new Smith & wesson M&P Shield is a fantastic firearm. I own 9mm version and needed a holster.

This is 8-9 Herman Oak back. Oiled leather for color. It sits great and is very comfortable. The best part is I can tuck in my shirt and still wear it inside my pants.

post-22515-075570700 1338608271_thumb.jp

post-22515-074833400 1338608283_thumb.jp

post-22515-001443500 1338608282_thumb.jp

post-22515-063863600 1338608279_thumb.jp

This is the prototype So it has a few places that need a little work but on the hole I am happy with it. since it is IWB there is no need to mold it. The waist band on the pants holds the firearm in place.

comments. If someone wants the pattern let me know.

Michael

Great holster! I like the design, especially the ability to tuck your shirt in while wearing it.

John

Great holster! I like the design, especially the ability to tuck your shirt in while wearing it.

John

Thanks

Great holster. I'm not robbin your house that is for sure! LOL

Looks great man. Where do you order your belt clips from? I need one for my holster i am making for my LC9

FWIW from the grump: I'm not a fan of IWB holsters in general, BUT, in this case I believe that you have put together just about the best contemporary IWB design I've seen in a long damned time. It's simple and not over-engineered. Looks like it should do what a holster is intended to do, without all the excesses of so many of today's designs. Mike

Looks great man. Where do you order your belt clips from? I need one for my holster i am making for my LC9

I got mine from Tandy. They have the same ones that most people sell and it was easy to stop buy the store and pick them up. At $3.49 its a great deal since there was no shipping. They have two versions.I used this one for small holsters and the other one for larger holsters.

FWIW from the grump: I'm not a fan of IWB holsters in general, BUT, in this case I believe that you have put together just about the best contemporary IWB design I've seen in a long damned time. It's simple and not over-engineered. Looks like it should do what a holster is intended to do, without all the excesses of so many of today's designs. Mike

Wow, thank you Mike for the kind words. You just made my day, month and year.

Michael

Thank you Mike for the kind words. You just made my day, month and year.

Michael

Michael, remember --- it's just one grumpy old guy's opinion, and saying stuff like you did could ruin my image. Mike

Michael, remember --- it's just one grumpy old guy's opinion, and saying stuff like you did could ruin my image. Mike

True,

I got carried away, We can tell people you took an Ambien and were sleep posting. The awake you would never say something that nice. :rolleyes2:

really neat and simple design. I'm curious why you didn't sew the entire clip to the body.

pete

really neat and simple design. I'm curious why you didn't sew the entire clip to the body.

pete

That's why it's called a "tuckable" IWB. You can tuck your shirt in under the clip.

That's why it's called a "tuckable" IWB. You can tuck your shirt in under the clip.

I get it now. I have 2 "famous" iwb's and they have the clips attached to the body. My shirt just blouses over the grip and tucks in on either side. I like this so much better. Can't believe the other "famous" holsters aren't assembled this way!!!!

pete

What he said.

The wife likes me to be neat when I go out dressed up. This improves the line of my shirt and keeps me looking spiffy.

Thanks for the complements.

Michael

Thanks to Mike's generosity, I was able to make one of these holsters....

7829121088_e238f5c85a.jpg

IMG0120A by Stagdag1, on Flickr

Thanks bro!

PMZ

Thanks to Mike's generosity, I was able to make one of these holsters....

7829121088_e238f5c85a.jpg

IMG0120A by Stagdag1, on Flickr

Thanks bro!

PMZ

Looks great! I like the copper rivet. I may have to try

that next time. Good job.

Edited by mlapaglia

How well does the holster stay put on a quick draw?

Jake

How well does the holster stay put on a quick draw?

Jake

Since its held in place with the clip to the belt and the pressure of your body against the entire holster back very well. I have not had it move at all when pulling the gun out as fast as possible.

-M

Cool. I've read mixed reviews on using an open ended metal belt clip vs. a loop, as the whole holster might come out with the gun at a very inopportune moment.

Jake

Edited by SooperJake

Looks good. What is the leather thickness on the tuckable piece?

1345603730[/url]' post='261327']

Cool. I've read mixed reviews on using an open ended metal belt clip vs. a loop, as the whole holster might come out with the gun at a very inopportune moment.

Jake

Just make sure you use a clip that wraps around the belt and under the belt. If it is an open ended clip that could happen but the ones I use has an end that goes under the best leather and presses up against the back of the clip.

post-22515-049675600 1345694218_thumb.jp

This is the one I use. It is also available from Springfield leather.

If you are at all concerned or using a full size weapon I would use this clip.

post-22515-094517500 1345694321_thumb.jp

It required a little slot in the leather down near the rivet but you will not pull it off the belt without lifting the clip.

Both are good. The smaller one is best for compacts and sub-compacts. The large for Full size firearms.

M

Edited by mlapaglia