Rossr

Benchtop Rivet Setter Universal By Fh Smith And A Green One

Hi Folks,

Kinda curious about these guys. Again I got them when I was getting a line finisher and this was part of the misc. that I bought also. I don't even know if these are useful for anything. The two FH smith one's both had broken handles. Does anyone know are those both specific to one use? The one had a screw in top die #11 and the bottom part appears to be nonremovable? Made me wonder if there is a die that fits over that part? I still couldn't resist cleaning them up and repainting. I ground the handles round so they look ok just may not have enough torque to press down enough. The Green one I think is still made not sure the name only thing on it is a number 1 there was a bottom die in it and nothing on the top. This one is in great shape. But not sure what if any dies are around for it. I also know dies are pricey. Enjoy the look folks

Ross

post-39460-0-69479200-1421988732_thumb.j

post-39460-0-02784700-1421988734_thumb.j

post-39460-0-17250600-1421988735_thumb.j

Edited by Rossr

Hi Ross

That looks like the "Universal Model "D" no.5. It can be fitted as a setter for hook and eyelets, grommets and snap fastener. I bought mine at auction c/w with a series of die attachments. Handy for setting eyelets.

Good Luck,

Leo

Leo,

Are you referring to the green one? Do you know if they still make dies for this I tried to search it but couldn't find much I think the Fh smith ones might be set up for doing hooks for shoes looking at the bottom part of it I found dies that look like that. I am surprised there is almost no information on the net about Fh smith.

Ross

Hi Ross

Sorry for not being clear, I was referring to the FH Smith tool. You may try to get the dies from a Shoe Finding outlet such as Pilgrim. You are right not much info on the web about FH Smith. I have an old spot setter that I would like info and dies for but am not having any luck.

Leo

Leo,

Thanks. the old spot setter you have what is the brand do you know?

Ross