Sign in to follow this  
megabit

Another Honda

Here is a honda I have mostly finished up for a friend. He wanted it to have a large round loop and big pineapple for some weight. The pineapple gapes a little at the top but I wasn't sure I wouldn't make things worse trying to work another interweave into the top part.

I just need to put on the burner now. I was half toying with doing a top braid for the burner instead of a piece of hide laced on. Anyone ever do or see that done?

Does anyone or has anyone used a core for the loop of a honda? I was thinking something stiff might help keep it from collapsing over time. Maybe wire or twisted rawhide?

4641307884_9f36c387cd_b.jpg

That is looking good and that large pineapple should add some weight to the hondo. I don't think that a burner using a braid would hold up very long compared to a solid strip of hide.

Do you stretch your hondos at all?

I finished it up last night. The friend wants it heavy and asked my to wrap it with wire before I put the burner on. It is heavy.

4645684459_142fec95ab_o.jpg

Looks great. Is the pattern from the Bruce Grant book? I need to make a few of teh Mexican Swivel Hondas. Looks like this would do the same. The only suggestion I would have and you probably already know is to keep the wire under the burner.

Keep posting.

Looks great. Is the pattern from the Bruce Grant book? I need to make a few of teh Mexican Swivel Hondas. Looks like this would do the same. The only suggestion I would have and you probably already know is to keep the wire under the burner.

Keep posting.

More or less it is the same as the Bruce Grant one. I think he goes over two under two when he comes together. I could never figure out how to do the turnback so it looked good doing that, so I go over one under one and turn back to do over two under two.

Yea I had planned on the wire being covered but the burner shrunk more than I planned on.