Sign in to follow this  
Bingo

Glock 26

Two more holsters...the OWB was for someone in Pittsburgh.

I also have a question: how do you all attach the belt loops for IWBs? I cut out two strips of leather - for the loops - and then drilled through the holster and the loops. Then I stitched the two together. It holds up, but I think there could be a better way.

Thanks all. :)

5900_699215394663_8216601_40810330_5013144_n.jpg

G26 OWB Holster 001.JPG

post-10544-125270600786_thumb.jpg

post-10544-125270616943_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bingo

Look good. I'm doing a IWB Glock26 next week. I've sewn straps on (small rectangle pattern) and also made them part of the back (crease & fold over). The crease ones fit over pants better and you can get a lower fit. You can use scrap pieces for the sew on ones and they are easier to layout.

Regis

<br />Set Tnuts between your leather pieces before stitching.  Then attach the loops via stud or screw.
I was wondering about the screws - I have an IWB that I bought with screws, but I had no idea how/where they were connected. Edited by Bingo

I was wondering about the screws - I have an IWB that I bought with screws, but I had no idea how/where they were connected.

You'll want flat head machine screws and low shelf sockets. The screw will set down far enough in the socket to let the snap close.

I also use t-nuts. I do not sandwich it between the layers though. I have always been a little scared to do that just in case (by some slim chance) someone cross threaded or stripped out the threads of the t-nut. It definitely looks more appealing but there is no way to replace it if it is damaged. Just my $.02.

I also use t-nuts. I do not sandwich it between the layers though. I have always been a little scared to do that just in case (by some slim chance) someone cross threaded or stripped out the threads of the t-nut. It definitely looks more appealing but there is no way to replace it if it is damaged. Just my $.02.

What are they doing removing the screws so often! :P

Kidding of course. I also install my snaps the same way so I imagine it would get ugly if one were to fail.

What are they doing removing the screws so often! tongue.gif

Kidding of course. I also install my snaps the same way so I imagine it would get ugly if one were to fail.

Having recently converted to the T-nut and screw attachment for loops on my IWB's, I have experienced a couple of screw failures (typically, the screw breaks due to excessive tightening force). It is nice to be able to pop the T-nut out and install a new one. I have also had a customer report a malfunctioning snap, which was easily corrected by simply sending him a replacement belt loop with snap installed, ready to mount (saving return shipping for repair, then delivery back to the customer).

Also, some of my customers are ordering additional sets of loops for different width belts, and one gentleman requested additional sets of loops in other colors to assist in concealment. These requests are easily accomodated with the T-nut attachment.

For what it may be worth, I have found that the #6X32 T-nut with 1/4" post installs neatly in two layers of 8 oz. leather, and the #6X32 machine screw fits nicely through the snap stud while permitting the snap to function properly. Your experience may vary depending on application.

I have a design where they can change the straps to swith from OWB to a high ride IWB. I have just been a little paranoid that in switching back and forth someone could ruin a t-nut. I would just hate to have a return because of a customer "screw" up...loljawdropper.gif